Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I just don’t see where we begin to fix this mess. Other than all of them where can you change personal to make enough of a difference. Can’t see Howe wanting to add the 5-6 starters needed

Edited by geordie_b

1 minute ago, Raconteur said:

Is Jefferson Lerma still a solid centre midfielder? Worked with Eddie so can slot straight in, one of our desperate holes filled, shouldn't be too expensive or reluctant to come...?

I have been thinking about this one for a while. No idea if we have been linked or how he has done for Bournemouth of late? But it would just be nice to have an actual midfield at some point in the not too distant future. 

22 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Flashbacks to the last player who was linked to us and AC Milan

Caught Lille vs Lyon this weekend and was really impressed by him.

Very strong imposing defender and was really comfortable on the ball too.

Guest reefatoon

We desperately need to upgrade our midfield. Our current bunch don’t protect the back four or assist in attack. Teams just walk through us. Bringing the right players in for CM will be massive for us.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

We desperately need to upgrade our midfield. Our current bunch don’t protect the back four or assist in attack. Teams just walk through us. Bringing the right players in for CM will be massive for us.

There are a number of links popping up with Arthur from Juventus who has fallen out badly with Juve and looks like he would be available on loan with a view to a permanent move next summer. Both ourselves and Sevilla are apparently showing the strongest interest.

If that is the kind of midfielder we are after we will be in very good shape. He is excellent at taking charge in midfield and affecting every phase of play for a team. We seem to be targeting someone in that mould as we've also been linked with Tolisso, Winks and Renato Sanches.

I agree we need top quality in that area, and it will determine where we end up come the end of the season.

Couldn't agree more, @reefatoon. Our CM is so deficient that I honestly think one signing, total, could even be enough if we were to find the perfect one. I know there's gaping holes and problems elsewhere, and I'd happily take as many signings as possible, but that position is just so fucking rubbish that we'd definitely feel the most difference collectively by upgrading there.

CM is top priority for me as well.

If we could get someone like Renato Sanches, Arthur, Boubacar Kamara or Ismaël Bennacer that alone would improve the whole team. Ideally we'd bring in two of them :lol: 

Second top priority is a left footed CB to suit how Howe likes to set up the defence, like Botman or Gvardiol.

10 minutes ago, snabelkabel said:

CM is priority, but I think if (when) Wilson gets injured we are fucked, so need a backup striker as well

Agree with that too. Wilson will get injured again. 

CM

Backup CF

CB

FB

That's the order of priority imo. 

Lewis looking competent has nudged full-backs down a bit. 

20 minutes ago, Conjo said:

CM is top priority for me as well.

If we could get someone like Renato Sanches, Arthur, Boubacar Kamara or Ismaël Bennacer that alone would improve the whole team. Ideally we'd bring in two of them :lol: 

Second top priority is a left footed CB to suit how Howe likes to set up the defence, like Botman or Gvardiol.

Any two of those four centre mids would be incredible - can see Kamara waiting until summer though

I know he's not been very good for a while but he's also not played in his actual position since Poch.

Would take him here and could see him and Wilson working together. We're struggling to get players in the box and he's the right sort of player I think. Would mean playing Joelinton out on the right I think.

Edited by Smal

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Caught Lille vs Lyon this weekend and was really impressed by him.

Very strong imposing defender and was really comfortable on the ball too.

Think others have mentioned but isn’t he quite slow? If we’re going to play a high line shouldn’t we be after someone with more pace? He’s been mentioned before but Ake could be perfect 

28 minutes ago, Smal said:

I know he's not been very good for a while but he's also not actually played in his actual position since Poch.

Would take him here and could see him and Wilson working together. We're struggling to get players in the box and he's the right sort of player I think. Would mean playing Joelinton out on the right I think.

I wouldn't take Alli tbh. He has a similar problem to Willock(even though dele has more quality), He's not a true number 10 but he's also not a CM.

Honestly think any Premier League player is an absolute no go now considering how all of the clubs have reacted to the takeover. Most PL clubs will only feign interest in selling their players in order to waste our time and resources imo and Staveley and Co would be mugs to be strung along by it. I'd much rather go for quality abroad or from the Championship to completely avoid that situation.