Transfer rumours

Yorkie

3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Great shout. He’s a a bit of a cunt as well, which is what we need.

Torreira definitely made a lot of sense when we thought Emery was our guy. Still does. No nonsense CM who can come in and lock things doon.

We sort of need a striker too tbh, especially if Gayle leaves. Would only have Wilson as a recognised CF and he's an injury away from us being screwed. No idea who to go for there.

Defenders: Trippier and Botman would be good, no idea how much weight the story on the latter coming here has though. Cook, no. Hopefully its just a lazy link by the press due to Howe's Bournemouth connection.

Midfield: We need a holding more defensive minded one. Been waxing lyrical about Kamara but I think he'd be perfect for what we need. Whether we can attract him here with our league position is another thing, but he'd be an outstanding signing.

Wingers/AM: Lingard would be a sound coup but should West Ham go in for him he's going there. I think Sunday shows how much we lack in creativity; Joelinton has improved and I love Miggy but ASM is the only real reliable source in terms of making something happen in the final third. Lingard changes that were he to join.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

Steve Cook not a centre half? 

Think it was sly commentary on how shit of a CB he is, and also how shit of a keeper Darlow is.

edit: or just that handball. :lol:

Edited by Tomato Deuce

4 hours ago, nortoon said:

I would prefer to keep Manquillo in addition to Trippier. Having 2 right backs is fine in a non-Ashley world. :)

You could basically make that case for most of the current Starting XI. 

I think Schar will leave on a free - personally - but the ceiling to improve this team is huge.

I've no idea how good Steve Cook is tbh but if Howe trusts him and he's better than some of our other options, and we get him through the door early on, I'm fine with that. Not as exciting as Botman but I don't know anything about him either.

We'd be a step up for Cook and he has an existing relationship with the manager and some players, so there are positives there in respect of mentality and being effective asap, both of which are important aspects of any signing we make. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

He might be coming in as a leadership figure rather than much of a player. God knows we need it. 

In the dressing room you mean? He’s barely played for Bournemouth this season so it would be a bizarre (Ashley like) transfer.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

In the dressing room you mean? He’s barely played for Bournemouth this season so it would be a bizarre (Ashley like) transfer.

Yeah. Doubt he'd get ahead of even Clark so must be about his off field qualities. If not the it's Mike basset calling up Benson & Hedges.