Transfer rumours

Yorkie

34 minutes ago, kisearch said:

We need 4 at the absolute minimum I think. CM, CF, CB, and LB. But could easily extend that to have a RB and Dubravka back up.

Any 3 that doesn't include a back up for Wilson is suicidal as well I think

Aye if Wilson gets injured and Gayle is the only back up we are done. 

I think 3 (as long as they are an improvement on what we have) and a striker should be enough. Hope we get a couple on loan too pad the squad too. 

I don’t want to see Hendricks Krafh and Clark again. 

Edited by r0cafella

48 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Not sure I'm comfortable with people just copying and pasting Athletic articles into here

Not sure why people don't just pay the £1 a month or whatever it is

You can feel as uncomfortable as you want and close your eyes while scrolling. Some of us have had a rough time for 2 years financially, and would happily subscribe when things take a turn for the better. The only reason, in my opinion, any paywalled articles shouldn’t be posted on the forum would be to protect the existence of the forum — if there are threats from companies, etc. Otherwise, you can moralize all you want. 

53 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Not sure I'm comfortable with people just copying and pasting Athletic articles into here

Not sure why people don't just pay the £1 a month or whatever it is

The Athletic are a shocking organisation. Read up on how they offer free trials to people and how they operate their subscription services before defending them.

The Athletic HQ Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of theathletic.com (trustpilot.com)

4 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

The Athletic are a shocking organisation. Read up on how they offer free trials to people and how they operate their subscription services before defending them.

The Athletic HQ Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of theathletic.com (trustpilot.com)

Thanks pal. My £1 a month sub was just two days away from kicking into a 60 quid a year sub. Thank you very much. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts if we only managed to get the 3 players in ? Would it be enough ?

If it's just 3, we're fucked.

Personally think we need 5. Minimum. Fullback, CB, DM, CM, CF. 

24 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

You can feel as uncomfortable as you want and close your eyes while scrolling. Some of us have had a rough time for 2 years financially, and would happily subscribe when things take a turn for the better. The only reason, in my opinion, any paywalled articles shouldn’t be posted on the forum would be to protect the existence of the forum — if there are threats from companies, etc. Otherwise, you can moralize all you want. 

The whole point of why The Athletic was created is because they believed sports fans would be happy to pay for really high quality journalism. Posting articles on a forum defeats the point of that, meaning they'll lose money and could ultimately not be able to continue to post those articles

18 minutes ago, wfmk2 said:

Thanks pal. My £1 a month sub was just two days away from kicking into a 60 quid a year sub. Thank you very much. 

I signed up for the 'free trial' and was immediately charged £60 despite their T&Cs saying I had 5 days to cancel. You hear nothing back from them aside from automated emails. Literal robbery and there's nothing you can do about it.

49 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The whole point of why The Athletic was created is because they believed sports fans would be happy to pay for really high quality journalism. Posting articles on a forum defeats the point of that, meaning they'll lose money and could ultimately not be able to continue to post those articles

Think they are charging too much personally, it's a decent service, but not all that either. £2.99 a month would be more digestible, but there again I'm only really interested in their NUFC stuff. I suppose if you were into lots of different sports then it might make more sense, but I already have a newspaper subscription so can read about those in there. Tbh that newspaper subscription's not worth it either, I really need to get around to cancelling.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Oh really? I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks for letting me know, bro. Wish you’d been around to stop me from using Napster & Limewire back in the day. 

Not a rumour as such but Christian Eriksen has been released on a free as the Italian league won’t let anyone with an internal defibrillator play. 

Anyone know if he’s expected to play again? 

Edited by LV

42 minutes ago, LV said:

Not a rumour as such but Christian Eriksen has been released on a free as the Italian league won’t let anyone with an internal defibrillator play. 

Anyone know if he’s expected to play again? 

I think he intends to - that’s why Inter have agreed to release him from his contract. He’s only 29

11 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I think he intends to - that’s why Inter have agreed to release him from his contract. He’s only 29

Do we have the same rules in the PL?

Id take him on a pay as you play as long as he was passed medically fit and there was no risk to him. 

Edited by LV