Transfer rumours

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

So, I was told that Trippier was done from a bloke who used to work on the football side of NUFC and now works for another club with a direct link to Howe. I was then told a couple of days ago from someone on the administrative side of the club (a head of) that they didn’t know about Trippier but that we’d offered silly money to Lingaard with a cheap release if we go down.

I get the impression that we’re just going scattergun in the hope we get somewhere. 

is that a back peddling I see.

No-one knows what we are doing except for those close to the club.  Ignore all rumours, all ITK and just wait until they are announced

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

So, I was told that Trippier was done from a bloke who used to work on the football side of NUFC and now works for another club with a direct link to Howe. I was then told a couple of days ago from someone on the administrative side of the club (a head of) that they didn’t know about Trippier but that we’d offered silly money to Lingaard with a cheap release if we go down.

I get the impression that we’re just going scattergun in the hope we get somewhere. 

Targetting top players doesn't seem that scattergun to me. 

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I get the impression that the scattergun way in which you get your information is impairing your judgement.

Ive been told, Salah, VVD, Mano are coming, apparently Klopp wished them well and said to LFC TV.  'When a bigger club comes in for our players, what can we do? We wish them well, okay gather round the piano......You'll never walk.........'

Source is contact at the club and also Salah's personal chef!   Said he can't wait for a Greggs sausage roll!

Been linked with Matrial. Wasn’t sure initially when he was first linked but he can play as a striker can’t he? Could be useful having personal that can play several positions. We need a lot of players but bringing in too many could also upset the team chemistry and be difficult to integrate. Martial would be someone who could play on the wing but also provide cover for Wilson if or when he gets injured

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why ? He barely gets a kick at Man Utd.

Assuming there are clubs in higher positions in for him. He wants to make an impression to be selected for the WC.

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Been linked with Matrial. Wasn’t sure initially when he was first linked but he can play as a striker can’t he? Could be useful having personal that can play several positions. We need a lot of players but bringing in too many could also upset the team chemistry and be difficult to integrate. Martial would be someone who could play on the wing but also provide cover for Wilson if or when he gets injured

We'll probably come up with the same obstacles as with Lingard. Both are playing for their national team places, and us being relegated would be no use to them. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

We'll probably come up with the same obstacles as with Lingard. Both are playing for their national team places, and us being relegated would be no use to them. 

shouldn’t make a difference aslong as they play well. If it’s a loan I don’t see how they lose.

I never realised Gayle was on upwards of £50k per week with us...the last ownership were absolutely rotten - essentially £1.8m over three years to tie up a player and save investing in bringing someone else in. Hopefully can arrange a deal with WBA to get him out this January.

I could also see Longstaff, Dummett and Schar gone this season based on their contract situation. If they're trying to get some trading down we might even look at the likes of Fernandez, Ritchie, Shelvey, Krafth and Clark who will have a year left on their deal to free up some spaces (fingers crossed). 

Lets be perfectly honest, assuming we lose the next two games before Jan we would probably need 26-28 points from the last 18 games to survive., basically top eight form. Anyone good won't want to be anywhere near us unless we pay them an absolute fortune knowing more than likely they'll be playing in the championshit next season.

Edited by Beth