Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Think about the reality of what you're both saying. Clark going to head it while Dubravka tries to claim/punch it. Another type of fuck up basically. Clark's the first man, is able to clear it, no one shouts for him to leave it, and for some unknown reason decides to leave it. The one thing I would blame Dubravka for is maybe for not assuming that Clark would inevitably fuck it up, so he should have had that in mind and taken responsibility. 

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

:lol: so just the 150+ million then? Would be nice.

I’d leave out Vlahovic (never realistic anyway) for a cheaper option and use the extra funds for another defender.

£150m isn’t impossible, we just don’t know at the moment. :footy:

Nketiah is trendy at the moment, I thought I’d push the boat out. Better teams might be in for Vlahovic, but we should at least be making an offer.

2 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Facebook tells me Sule leaving Munich to an unknown club with Newcastle a possible location - “as good as sealed” from Sky Germany. 

His departure is as good as sealed.....not his destination.

Mad how ten goals in League 1 and five in the Championship sets you back £20m these days. :lol:

I'm obviously no fan of players getting touted around to bigger clubs but surely someone's going to take a low-risk punt on Brereton next month? 19 in 23 this season and six months left on his context. Seems about as ideal available backup for Wilson as we could wish to find. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Mad how ten goals in League 1 and five in the Championship sets you back £20m these days. :lol:

I'm obviously no fan of players getting touted around to bigger clubs but surely someone's going to take a low-risk punt on Brereton next month? 19 in 23 this season and six months left on his context. Seems about as ideal available backup for Wilson as we could wish to find. 

It’s likely bullshit tbh. 

it’s the mail and it’s not Craig hope. It’s probably a story just to get some clicks. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Would certainly take BBD - I saw him linked with someone who isn’t us and thought we should be in there :thup:

3 hours ago, PeepShow4life said:

I love Srnicek but if we had Schmeichel in goal and Man U Big Pav, we would have walked the league.

Given was the only recent keeper I can think of that was better than Dubs. Dubs makes mistakes but is let down by having an awful defence in front of him.

Always thought even a Martyn, Bosnich or Flowers would have done the job.

This Diaz guy seems like the ideal signing for us in our current predicament. He is clearly scoring goals for fun in the Championship (where we most like will end up next year) and is young enough to become a solid player in the Premier League for us in the future 

14 hours ago, Raconteur said:

Someone mentioned about a dozen pages back that we should perhaps revisit the "Realistic Transfers Thread" to separate players we want or think we should go for from those we are actually linked with? I have to say I agree with that idea - especially after the last few pages. We could even do loans and purchases

The Athletic article from when Hammond was hired mentioned a shopping list of positions - it seems to be David Ornstein's thoughts rather than Hammond's, but he lists these positions:

"A ball-playing, athletic centre-back, a dynamic midfielder and a progressive full-back are among the priority positions that require strengthening."

"Ideally, an attacking midfielder and a striker would also arrive, but conducting such extensive surgery on a squad in January is rare and also notoriously difficult."

So DC, MC, DL(?), AMC, SC? (The article was written after Lewis was injured and Trippier linked, so maybe they're thinking Trippier as DL?)

Botman, Kamara, Tripper/Digne, Alli, Vlahovic. Sorted :thup:

You think Vlahovic is realistic? Isn't he the hottest property in football right now?