Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, Shearergol said:

Prepare yourself to be extremely disappointed then :lol:

I'm sure there are very good players we can aim for, but realistically, if other CL clubs are also pitching for the same ones, I don't think relegation threatened Newcastle will be getting them. :lol:

I think we'll get 1 or 2 from Nat Phillips, Steve Cook and Joe Rodon. Being realistic about a January transfer window we're not going to be signing anyone who isn't a fringe player in any team are we. Ake's played the same number of games as John Stones has this season.

Summer is a different matter.

How are we going to persuade someone like Trippier to sign? Lots of loot and a long contract for starters. But Trippier is too good and too old to spend a season and maybe longer in the Championship, so what then? If we are relegated let him walk on a free or a minimal fee? Any reasonably good still ambitious player is not going to join us now unless we give them a way out if we get relegated. Good Championship players like the Chilean from Blackburn and the boy from Forest we are linked with might be the only way for us to go. If they are good enough now they might keep us up, if not they help us build back up next season.