Transfer rumours

Yorkie

4 hours ago, triggs said:

How are we seen as a more glamorous project without spending though? :lol:

I don't think we'll have any problem spending money, problem is, the ones worth spending money on will have other options as well. See Tripper for example, now it's being said Man U and Spurs want in as well. That will happen with all the best players. 

God I really hope they don't fuck it up. Totally got my heart set on Trippier especially; will be such a pisser if he goes elsewhere, particularly somewhere boring like ManU or Spurs where his impact would be substantially less impactful. 

58 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That frightens me a bit…….As bad as our defense is, we’ve still got the same crap midfield we had since championship days, bar Willock, who we know is not the answer to our problems….for me priority must be at least 3 new midfield players and get rid of all our current midfield(Willock excepted)….We also need support for Wilson(who won’t last the whole season) so at least 1 more cf/forward needed……then prioritize a couple of defenders.

1 minute ago, Jinky Jim said:

That frightens me a bit…….As bad as our defense is, we’ve still got the same crap midfield we had since championship days, bar Willock, who we know is not the answer to our problems….for me priority must be at least 3 new midfield players and get rid of all our current midfield(Willock excepted)….We also need support for Wilson(who won’t last the whole season) so at least 1 more cf/forward needed……then prioritize a couple of defenders.

No chance we're scrubbing the whole team. If we could get even a serviceable DM we'd be massively improved. Jonjo has shown something of late. 

CBs, Fullbacks, DM and a backup to Wilson is realistic.

2 minutes ago, Thiago said:

No chance we're scrubbing the whole team. If we could get even a serviceable DM we'd be massively improved. Jonjo has shown something of late. 

CBs, Fullbacks, DM and a backup to Wilson is realistic.

So you think we can survive the rest of the season with Shelvey and one other midfield player……I like your optimism and perhaps that is what will happen, but personally I hope for a complete new midfield.

9 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Priority Is a whole new back four, 2 new midfielders and a striker to partner or be back up to Wilson.

I'm nervous going into this window, I've been excited for the last month but now it's coming to crunch time, we need to get rid of deadwood and I can only see say 5 players coming in. Ideally we need 6/7.

Trippier, Bottman Tarkowski Digne are the stand out defenders to sign

Cheeky ambitious bids for Martial or Auba would be good but I would see them turning us down.

1 minute ago, Geordie Magpie said:

Priority Is a whole new back four, 2 new midfielders and a striker to partner or be back up to Wilson.

I'm nervous going into this window, I've been excited for the last month but now it's coming to crunch time, we need to get rid of deadwood and I can only see say 5 players coming in. Ideally we need 6/7.

Trippier, Bottman Tarkowski Digne are the stand out defenders to sign

Cheeky ambitious bids for Martial or Auba would be good but I would see them turning us down.

Totally agree, though I suspect 2 new defenders at best, and for me, a minimum of 2 midfield…..all wishful thinking though as we know that January is a notoriously difficult month to buy and if we cannot get players in earlier enough we could find ourselves with a new team but only 12 games left to utilize them…….A nervous transfer window beckons 

1 minute ago, Jinky Jim said:

Totally agree, though I suspect 2 new defenders at best, and for me, a minimum of 2 midfield…..all wishful thinking though as we know that January is a notoriously difficult month to buy and if we cannot get players in earlier enough we could find ourselves with a new team but only 12 games left to utilize them…….A nervous transfer window beckons 

Just got to see what happens. Clubs and agents are going to try milk us. I'm hoping to see some good intent from the new owners, we need players in and quick, hopefully a good handful in before Watford on the 15th. After Man U we have a nicer run of games and it's vital we have players in sooner rather than later to rack up some points 

24 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

So you think we can survive the rest of the season with Shelvey and one other midfield player……I like your optimism and perhaps that is what will happen, but personally I hope for a complete new midfield.

I mean what I'd like and what I expect are different things. 

I don't know the record for January arrivals but even six feels like a lot so you're going to have to take a punt on only one part of the spine getting minimum improvement. 

16 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I mean what I'd like and what I expect are different things. 

I don't know the record for January arrivals but even six feels like a lot so you're going to have to take a punt on only one part of the spine getting minimum improvement. 

Good point….the question is which spine will provide us with the best chance to pick up 25 points post January…..A stronger defense would be the sensible option, I just don’t like the idea if playing the rest of the season with our dreadful midfield.

If Wilson gets mega'crocked, we're absolutely fucked like, so I really hope we get a forward in too

Our default answer to who we want to sign in January should automatically be:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1