Transfer rumours

Yorkie

10 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

They're restricted by FFP (Financial Fair Play). People were suggesting we would have about 190 mil to spend but the more we spend of that the less we can spend in future windows.

Basically we sort of have to balance buying players we need to take us to the next level and players we really just need to keep us up until the summer. Loans and players coming to the end of their contract fit in the latter bracket.

It won't affect the amount we spend over future windows if we generate revenue. They bought us cause we are a profit making club and didnt have any debt. We could spend 500m this window which may be a loss of 300m but that won't be reported for 3 years and as long as that loss is down to less than 105m by that time we are OK. I'm pretty sure the loss depreciates season on season as well. And then we will have sponsorship money as well.

I think the hesitant thing is our league position I think if they spend little or just enough to keep us in the league like 50m then the risk vs reward is favourable and in profit. Spending 300m half way through a season to then be relegated is suicide. On the other side they spend 50m then go down they can then do a complete rebuild from fresh all with in profit. 

That knob Simon Jordan said how we can splash the cash on talkshite and ffp is not an issue when we first got taken over.

2 hours ago, Jinky Jim said:

So you think we can survive the rest of the season with Shelvey and one other midfield player……I like your optimism and perhaps that is what will happen, but personally I hope for a complete new midfield.

If we get a dominant DM who can allow Shelvey and Willock a bit more freedom to attack we could be onto a winner.

1 hour ago, Gazzaschicken said:

It won't affect the amount we spend over future windows if we generate revenue. They bought us cause we are a profit making club and didnt have any debt. We could spend 500m this window which may be a loss of 300m but that won't be reported for 3 years and as long as that loss is down to less than 105m by that time we are OK. I'm pretty sure the loss depreciates season on season as well. And then we will have sponsorship money as well.

I think the hesitant thing is our league position I think if they spend little or just enough to keep us in the league like 50m then the risk vs reward is favourable and in profit. Spending 300m half way through a season to then be relegated is suicide. On the other side they spend 50m then go down they can then do a complete rebuild from fresh all with in profit. 

That knob Simon Jordan said how we can splash the cash on talkshite and ffp is not an issue when we first got taken over.

These blokes spend billions on things that explode the first time they use them. 

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Being a co-owner tends to be fairly official aye.

He’s a director at PCP not Newcastle. Unless I’m missing something?  We have 3 directors and he’s not one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

If we get a dominant DM who can allow Shelvey and Willock a bit more freedom to attack we could be onto a winner.

If are lucky enough to identify and buy a dominiant DM, he'll improve every one around him. We do need to replace our entire backline, but  a DM will improve what we have and ensure that the new players can perform.

Listening to the True Faith podcast tonight on the January transfer window and they had a little discussion of Dusan Vlahovic the Fiorentina striker. They reckon we could get him for £70m. Not sure where they've plucked his name from but would be a monumental signing if we could pull it off

20 minutes ago, NWMag said:

When was the last time we competed with AC Milan for a player? I wonder how close the end of contract list is to players we are looking at, might see Dan-Axel Zagadou come in since he is a left footed CB.

5 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

When was the last time we competed with AC Milan for a player? I wonder how close the end of contract list is to players we are looking at, might see Dan-Axel Zagadou come in since he is a left footed CB.

“Zagadou-dou-dou, push pineapple, shake the tree. Zagadou-dou-dou, he’s the centre back for me.”

I’ll get my coat.

Pay it, fuck it. Staring down the barrell right now, nothing to lose. Same with Trippier, just cough up right now and worry about the pennies at a later date once we've ensured we've stayed up. Needs must and the needs are fucking massive right now. 

Really hope we sign a good number of players, I think it will be just as hard in the position we are in to get enough quality through the door in January as it will be to stay in the league. So many positions needed to have any chance. 

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Botman bit of a statement signing but would he be a hit the ground running signing ? Very young, new to prem etc. I was hoping for a Koulibaly type for the back 4.

Would definitely be good to get a veteran in as well… hopefully relatively cheap. 

8 minutes ago, madras said:

Botman bit of a statement signing but would he be a hit the ground running signing ? Very young, new to prem etc. I was hoping for a Koulibaly type for the back 4.

Our situation dictates a Koulibaly signing isn't realistic

If we stay up then maybe, otherwise it will be in 18 months assuming we get promoted at the first attempt

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Our situation dictates a Koulibaly signing isn't realistic

If we stay up then maybe, otherwise it will be in 18 months assuming we get promoted at the first attempt

Really ? I said Koulibaly like not necessarily him. Mix of quality and experience is definitely required there and is as realistic as a Botman with years ahead of him.