Transfer rumours

Yorkie

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

Seen a rumour we are interested in Umtiti as well. Any news on that at your end? And what is the deal with him at the minute, is he fit and ready to play or injured? Think he could potentially be a good signing due to his experience, and his athleticism would be a good fit for the prem.

Good move?

He fucked up his knee and he lost a lot of his athleticism. He's a shadow of his former self.

2 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Surely Lamptey would cost closer to 50m?

Well yeah, rather that than £25m for Trippier imo. That's not to say i would turn Trippier down. Just a personal preference, on age, price and the future.

Edited by Bimpy474

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Well yeah, rather that than £25m for Trippier imo. That's not to say i would turn Trippier down. Just a personal preference, on age, price and the future.

I'm very comfortable getting Trippier now and coming back for Lamptey (or someone similar) in two or three years

6 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Isn't Lamptey exclusively played as a wingback, whereas Trippier can play fullback as well (plus, on either side of the defence)?

He is, but i don't see why he couldn't play full back too. Kids electric, pace, recovery and getting forward brilliantly. Unfortunately he's just a signing we wouldn't get right now, maybe in a couple of years like Rac just said.

He is perfekt. 25 mill is a piss in the ocean. 

Lets have him experiece, leadership and everything you want from a fullback. Then buy a UP and coming kid that can turn in to a premium fullback in some years. They keep pushing themself. 

This is at most areas of the squad the way we have to build. 

Just take a breather and think back to start of oktober. 

We are building something. 

Everybodey wants the best people to build the club from inside. This is also the way to go on the field. Good players leading the younger players. 

And IT will mean we could sell the garbage we have faster. 

Out of what i think and what i am Reading i think out of contract players, experiece players and young prospect is the wall to build. 

I am Just happy that i can enjoy Reading and thinking about the future of the club. 

Still belive we're getting mugged with that price. As was mentioned on here earlier, man utd was prepared to pay 15m or so 6 months ago but hey, it's not my money. As long as there's sufficient funds left to significantly improve Cb, cm & back-up/prospect CF I really don't care.