Transfer rumours

Yorkie

25 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Still belive we're getting mugged with that price. As was mentioned on here earlier, man utd was prepared to pay 15m or so 6 months ago but hey, it's not my money. As long as there's sufficient funds left to significantly improve Cb, cm & back-up/prospect CF I really don't care.

Man U bid got rejected and were told they'd have to pay the £34m release clause though? It's not like he was ever available at £15m. 

Pointless spending all January trying to drag it out haggling over a few quid. Don't be worried about it limiting our spending in other positions, it's not the Ashley era anymorr. This type of signing will help get others through the door if anything. 

Eventually it also means that we can progress faster, get to build a mid-table team, then one that can challenge for titles earlier. Miss the opportunity and it will take longer to get where we want to be.

Should we get relegated, we will lose the TV money and be less attractive to players etc. If we have to pay more to avoid setting us years back, so be it. We have money to spend and can dream for once.

56 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Still belive we're getting mugged with that price. As was mentioned on here earlier, man utd was prepared to pay 15m or so 6 months ago but hey, it's not my money. As long as there's sufficient funds left to significantly improve Cb, cm & back-up/prospect CF I really don't care.

Funds I really don’t care, as we have been  lead to believe these have tonnes of it I fully expect them to use it .We will get ripped , unavoidable, we are a “distressed customer “ as I use in my work an thus command a higher rate with the seller . 

Needs must 

Edited by GWN

On 24/12/2021 at 18:03, Ando7 said:

The consortium want 5 or 6 ,they're not gonna mess about either,January is massive for the club and believe me they know this,we have some good people running the club now,keep the faith.

In Ando I believe! 

10 hours ago, Bimpy474 said:

I'd rather buy the lad from Brighton, not that they would sell probably.

At least twice the price and imo not a great defender. We need to stop shipping goals. If we can get equal quality across the backline we'd be laughing.

Trippier brings experience, leadership and adaptability, even at 25m for his age, he’d be a tremendous signing and a big statement of intent.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

At least twice the price and imo not a great defender. We need to stop shipping goals. If we can get equal quality across the backline we'd be laughing.

He's fucking tiny as well. 

EDIT: Not that I wouldn't take Lamptey like [emoji38]

Just not over Trippier

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Really quite excited about the transfer window. God, to think it got about as exciting as "will Bruce or won't Bruce manage to loan Hamza Choudury" only a matter of weeks ago. I'm enthusiastic about basically every other link now because you get the sense that a process is actually starting. Obviously we're basically panic buying at this point, particularly without the vision of a DoF, but it's still way more exciting than wondering what shite we get to tide us over until they get Bruced/are shite from the get-go. 

It seems like Botman to AC Milan is ramping up, although has been questions if they could pay the £30m needed. That Delongo journalist is also on the Botman to Milan links so if he is right about Trippier might need to manage expectations on incomings!

Denayer from Lyon linked with us as contract is expiring. This sounds more plausible and has Premier League experience including a spell with Sunderland (a relegation season).