Transfer rumours

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I watch every Barca game and have done for the last 20 years - it’s a big no from me - can’t deny his talent, injuries are one thing, he is actually very thick as a footballer - literally has no idea what he’s doing on the pitch 

Last thing we need is another Hayden. 

8 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I watch every Barca game and have done for the last 20 years - it’s a big no from me - can’t deny his talent, injuries are one thing, he is actually very thick as a footballer - literally has no idea what he’s doing on the pitch 

Yep, same

His pace is his strength and he is two footed but his shots often end up miles over, if he could finish he'd be very good and like you say he gets injured all the time

13 minutes ago, Thorpinho said:

Spunking our new found wealth on the likes of dembele is such a stupid waste of money. Would be very disappointed if any owners were daft enough to fall for his agent's crap. 

I think this rumour is well wide of the mark , I would like to see us bring in a marque signing / a big signing of sorts …but i don’t think we are daft enough to go for a player like this in a relegation scrap 

Edited by JonBez comesock

He’s not a player I’d want us to sign, but he’s a player if at the right club, with the right motivation under the right coaching could be next level so I can see why we may be looking at a player like him. 

He'd cost a lot lore than he would taste. Don't think we're after him. Our new regime seem to care about the character of a player. Judging by interviews when the takeover just had been done. PIF might see it differently I guess. 

Edited by Ikon

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

We should offer Mbappe a million a week next month for the summer, on the off chance hes a greedy cunt. Why not like? :lol: 

Well if you're going to offer Dembele £40m a year you might as well go £50m with Mbappe. 

There’s not a chance in hell we’re in for Dembele tbh. I don’t think Howe would want a personality like him in the squad for one. And I cannot see us spending that kind of money until we have the infrastructure in place and and have progressed as a club. 

8 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Well, if he starts hobbling, leaving him on the pitch for an extra 10 minutes probably isn’t the thing to do.

But yeah, obviously trying to protect him as much as possible. Ideally I’d like us to be signing players who have no history of injuries but making an exception for someone with that level of experience could be really good for us.

He’s a class act as a player.

I can understand the temptation, but if a player has a poor injury record, that is always a red flag for me. Been frustrated too many times down the years by players who just can't turn out when needed on a regular basis. 

Of course it depends how far that history goes in the past. Might be he's over the worst times and is now turning out problem free for the most part. That would be a different matter. 

I hope it's 6-7 new signings. Considering the injuries we just got, even if the ASM doesn't seem too bad. 

LB

CB

RB

CM

CM

Wide forward (can play CF) 

CF 

Don't see it happening but this is what we need. We had no depth before and we have tons of injuries plus covid cases, and more to come I'm sure. 

Leicester City are considering a January move for Aberdeen's rising star Calvin Ramsay (Daily Record)

Mega-rich Newcastle are ready to fight for Calvin Ramsay after Watford launched an auction for the Aberdeen kid (The Scottish Sun)

Not sure why people are creating self imposed rules eg.:

We can only sign a certain number of players.

We can only have one good player per position.

Spending money on player x means not spending on player y.

Player x is too old to spend y amount on.

Paying over the odds for a player means we always have to pay over the odds for players.

This isn't the time for quibbling about on whether a player fits in long term etc. This is a game of signing as many quality players as possible. Say we sign 10 players, only 4 might work out, but if they are of significant quality they will be enough to keep us up.

We can have whatever plan and strategy we want in the summer. Next year we might have an overpriced mercenary on our bench like Dembele but it's a much smaller problem than having Jeff Hendrick.

For me, Trippier, Ramsey etc are no brainers. They will contribute as much off the pitch as they will on it. Two quality players. Two experienced players. Two match winners. Two captains. Two statements.

46 minutes ago, STM said:

Not sure why people are creating self imposed rules eg.:

We can only sign a certain number of players.

We can only have one good player per position.

Spending money on player x means not spending on player y.

Player x is too old to spend y amount on.

Paying over the odds for a player means we always have to pay over the odds for players.

This isn't the time for quibbling about on whether a player fits in long term etc. This is a game of signing as many quality players as possible. Say we sign 10 players, only 4 might work out, but if they are of significant quality they will be enough to keep us up.

We can have whatever plan and strategy we want in the summer. Next year we might have an overpriced mercenary on our bench like Dembele but it's a much smaller problem than having Jeff Hendrick.

For me, Trippier, Ramsey etc are no brainers. They will contribute as much off the pitch as they will on it. Two quality players. Two experienced players. Two match winners. Two captains. Two statements.

The only quibble I would have is signing a perma-crock. Far from contributing off the pitch, might just cause resentment if he's getting big wages for sitting at home. We need players who will make an impact for the remaining 18 games, cost is not the issue, but actually playing those 18 games is crucial. 

1 hour ago, Decky said:

We should offer Mbappe a million a week next month for the summer, on the off chance hes a greedy cunt. Why not like? :lol: 

I was thinking about stuffing £50m into Raiola’s pockets to get Haaland instead.