Transfer rumours

Yorkie

We should be sensibly building not buying over priced 'star' players who care more about their gram than the pitch and will take one look at our wank training facilities and switch off. Get a mix of promising young players and some good experienced players. Spending large money on 1 player could backfire hugely. When we want to drum up sponsorship money and shirt sales the megastars can come, not in relegation fight. (personally could do without them at all)

4 hours ago, GWN said:

But surely money shouldn’t be an issue to this lot, if one time we should flex the muscles it’s now .I get they don’t want to be seen to be soft touches but howay man they are worth 10 times a Man City, supposedly.

Doesn't mean we should ay ten times the salary

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Pogba, Sancho (tho he will come good) Angel Di Maria, Sanchez, Lukaku (albeit still think he was doing fine), Martial etc

Martial was a 20 year old and one of the hottest prospects in world football. He's almost got a 1 in 3 goal scoring record for Man United hasn't he?

Sanchez and Di Maria I'll give you, no idea why it didn't work out for them really.

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Pogba, Sancho (tho he will come good) Angel Di Maria, Sanchez, Lukaku (albeit still think he was doing fine), Martial etc

All of those are good but we’re mismanaged and not bought as part of any larger plan  

the lack of long term strategy at man utd which has what hurt them imo. 

Oh of course I would lol I just mean general transfer strategy, we dont really have luxury of being choose, I just don't want to come out of january ahving spent 100m on 1 star who then flops. We will be paying over the odds cos it's january and everyone knws we have money and are desperate. It's so easy to buy a load of people on reputation etc and it be awful think QPR when they briefly were spending and Fulham more recently. 

5 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Talkshite reporting we have reached out to insigne but he's going to Toronto fc, also that we are speaking to dembele and Trippier is pretty much a done deal to be announced early in the window

Would love Insigne 

Just now, Shearergol said:

I think we'll see the stand-out transfers in summer. January will be very sensible imo, especially as Howe is the one with the requirements. 

Jan is so much more important- we need to get the right people in to stand a chance of staying up. 

19 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Well yes which is rather what i was trying to argue, we need to get players to suit what we need not just the big name ones agents are flogging around via media

We're a bit more of a blank canvas though. I get the point but we do need to take a chance on top quality players at some point that may have other risks attached