Transfer rumours

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

PEA hasn't looked interested for months. He's most likely looking for a decent pay day.

Plus he was apparently saying that if he moves he wants it to be to Italy, Spain or France - that sounds like a decent pay day in a country he can see himself settling in imo.

his attitude to me sounds all wrong

Edited by Gawalls

PEA rumours must be false.

We need a striker to replace Wilson for 6 weeks 

PEA is unavailable for 4-5 Weeks , With AFCON 

Makes no sense , unless we get a back up striker and also get PEA for cover / back up / challenge Wilson for Next season 

Would be a good signing for 2 years. (Depending if Howe can work with him)

3 hours ago, Menace said:

ASM and Hatem hadn't just received a £400k a week contract and weren't 32.

I understand people are excited with the names being linked but imagine your captain being frozen out by your club and not being let to train, what kind of example would that set really?

Auba isn't the same player he was a year or 2 ago. There's far better choices in the transfer market. We don't necessarily have to pick the easiest one every time now.

Such as? Ings would be my preferred choice, but I doubt Gerrard would let him come here. I'd be concerned about Aubemyang not coming until Feb because of the AFCON, but there would still be a big chunk of the season left for him to make a crucial impact. If we can get him on loan for a reasonable fee then I would do it. 

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Which bad boy should we loan until the end of the season, Aubameyang or Lukaku, or both [emoji38]

Lukaku will be back in the Chelsea lineup within a couple of weeks. Tuchel had to make a statement, but it will be water under the bridge after today. 

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

Is Brereton-Diaz any good? Linked again today.

Smashing them in for Blackburn. Can he make the leap? But looks to have all the tools, strong, reasonably fast, makes intelligent runs, can pass and most importantly can really finish.

I’d rather we looked at someone like that than an out of form troublemaker to be honest.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

They've bought a new left back, they'll have to sell him this window regardless. 

Read somewhere the other day that Everton are right on the border of ffp and are playing a dangerous game at the moment.

I think it's a good time to try and buy from them

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Smashing them in for Blackburn. Can he make the leap? But looks to have all the tools, strong, reasonably fast, makes intelligent runs, can pass and most importantly can really finish.

I’d rather we looked at someone like that than an out of form troublemaker to be honest.

Gayle got 27 in the championship

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Gayle got 27 in the championship

Thats a fair point but also was that when he was playing for us before his injury? Was never the same once he returned.

Gayle was never a smash them in from all areas type of striker, more of a poacher. This guy has a shot on him as well.

15 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Thats a fair point but also was that when he was playing for us before his injury? Was never the same once he returned.

Gayle was never a smash them in from all areas type of striker, more of a poacher. This guy has a shot on him as well.

Plus Diaz is only 22. Could just be developing into his prime a la Vardy. Although I can't imagine Blackburn would accept any amount if it's going to cost them promotion. 

Apparently Blackburn would sell according to the last interview I saw with mowbray - apparently the venkys are skint - I think he would be good to bring in as an understudy to Wilson as he would get game time with Wilson's injury record and hopefully replace him down the line

55 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

And for West Brom when on loan i think, he's done it twice

Bereton-Diaz would make such sense. I think he'd represent a very low risk transfer (assuming you didn't pay silly money for him in the first place) as even if he didn't work out you'd still get decent money for him from another Championship club, or a lower league Premiership club. He might also sort out what to do with Gayle who it is clear has no future with the club as he could be quite an attractive make weight in any deal.  Finally I think it would send a nice message to everyone about what we are after, young keen to improve players as opposed to the type of player that QPR and Everton signed who have dragged them down.

1 minute ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Bereton-Diaz would make such sense. I think he'd represent a very low risk transfer (assuming you didn't pay silly money for him in the first place) as even if he didn't work out you'd still get decent money for him from another Championship club, or a lower league Premiership club. He might also sort out what to do with Gayle who it is clear has no future with the club as he could be quite an attractive make weight in any deal.  Finally I think it would send a nice message to everyone about what we are after, young keen to improve players as opposed to the type of player that QPR and Everton signed who have dragged them down.

It's Gayle's wages though, if send him out on loan to a championship team to get his aim in in case we go down.

Having Wilson, this Blackburn kidv and Gayle in the squad for championship would be okay.

Otherwise seem him in summer, don't let prem teen get him though just in case he finds form