Transfer rumours

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, STM said:

If we can steal Digne from under the noses of Chelsea and West Ham, that will be equally as impressive for me.

Chelsea is a big pull but will they want to outlay 25m on a squad player. Rumour is they want a loan but Everton won't do that.

West Ham are an attractive prospect and would probably pay the fee to get him but surely we could gazump their wages if needed?

This is why signing Trippier is so key. Digne will be looking thinking, "I will have some of that," or whatever the French say.

If any nation doesn't have a translation of that, it would be France

15 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Digne and Trippier are obviously class & big upgrades but hear me out.... I'll still be very nervous if we go into Watford (H) without fixing our 2/3 clearest priorities.

Don't think we can physically put a ball in a net without a new striker :lol:

The importance on strong fullbacks in the modern game is vital, just look at the top clubs, they all are very strong in these areas. A fair amount of goals and chances are created by fullbacks, granted you need someone to finish those chances but getting the fullbacks sorted first is a good choice.

57 minutes ago, Sima said:

Wouldnt blame him tbf but he’s blacklisted for if we ever go past Milan and he eyes up a move here down the line.

I'd have more respect for a player who wants to move to Milan rather than Newcastle at the present moment like :lol:

2 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Not being funny but why not bid 55m for Vlahovic just to mess with Arsenal, driving their price up.

We should probably focus on getting the players we need in and not playing mind games with Arsenal :lol:

Digne is supposedly already on 120k at Everton. West Ham recently signed Zouma as their top earner, probably on less than that, and there were murmurs about it upsetting the other players. West Ham may afford Digne himself, but not what two defenders on 100k would do to their squad's wage demands. Chilwell is supposedly on 190k at Chelsea, so 120k is a lot for essentially a short-term replacement and competition they don't need. Chelsea have deep pockets, but made a big loss in their last year. 

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/everton-fc/payroll/

Digne has 18 assists in 110 games in the Premier League, for a non-free scoring team. Like Trippier, he knows the league well and you'd expect him to have an instant impact. He wouldn't have gone from Barca to Everton if he cared about Champions League etc., so we must be in with a shout. Get it done!

12 minutes ago, triggs said:

I'd have more respect for a player who wants to move to Milan rather than Newcastle at the present moment like :lol:

:lol:

Aye but, still,  fuck him if he wants to come later on.

I'm not ignorant to our current plight, but I also would only want people that come here willingly. I'm not bothered if it's the cash that convinces them, but I'd need them to buy into the belief we're going for the top. 

1 hour ago, Ketsbaia said:

Digne and Trippier are obviously class & big upgrades but hear me out.... I'll still be very nervous if we go into Watford (H) without fixing our 2/3 clearest priorities.

Don't think we can physically put a ball in a net without a new striker :lol:

100% agree - I am sure they're working on getting one.  For me I'd go all out on PEA - got Premier League experience which is what we need.  Can't rely on anyone we get from other leagues hitting the ground running.

You guys really need to speak to some Arsenal fans about PEA man. No coincidence that their recent uptick in results has coincided with him being out of the team. Probably not the striker we need in our current predicament.

4 minutes ago, duo said:

100% agree - I am sure they're working on getting one.  For me I'd go all out on PEA - got Premier League experience which is what we need.  Can't rely on anyone we get from other leagues hitting the ground running.

He's off to ACON. Won't be back until after the 18th at the earliest. So maybe available for Everton, maybe.

Anyway, I'm not convined.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

You guys really need to speak to some Arsenal fans about PEA man. No coincidence that their recent uptick in results has coincided with him being out of the team. Probably not the striker we need in our current predicament.

Surely a half arsed PEA is lightyears ahead of anything Dwight Gayle will offer? But I suppose your point is look elsewhere.

I quite like look of that Gabriel Barbosa. Something just says he'd fit in and deliver in this league. 

Barbosa isn't a "beast-type" traditional centre-forward though (although he looks it). He plays very deep and has a bit of a soft shot. A little reminiscent of another Brazilian in our ranks....

1 hour ago, duo said:

Then there's Martial - he'd be a great signing

Rags linking him to a swap to Barcelona with Dembele going the other way. Also reportedly prefers a move to Spain over the PL. He would be a great pick up for us if he interested. Wonder if we end up getting Dembele this window if nothing else works out for him.

21 minutes ago, hakka said:

I quite like look of that Gabriel Barbosa. Something just says he'd fit in and deliver in this league. 

Looks the part for sure. Didn't have the best success in Europe with Benfica or Inter but has been a machine in Brazil.

Once Trippier is done through the door, I'll be nervous as hell leading up to the Watford game. We really need a striker in a.s.a.p, someone that can hit the ground running and not needing time to adjust his game. We cannot go into that match with Gayle. Yes, ASM might be back but he is not an out and out goalscorer. We have to win that match. A draw would be no good.

A striker is the priority and perhaps Digne or a CB too before Watford.

Edited by nufcjb

7 hours ago, Thiago said:

I'm not ignorant to our current plight, but I also would only want people that come here willingly. I'm not bothered if it's the cash that convinces them, but I'd need them to buy into the belief we're going for the top. 

still years away I reckon, so while I agree in principle I'm also not opposed to the odd high quality journeymen or two coming in on 2-3 year contracts while we build

50 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Once Trippier is done through the door, I'll be nervous as hell leading up to the Watford game. We really need a striker in a.s.a.p, someone that can hit the ground running and not needing time to adjust his game. We cannot go into that match with Gayle. Yes, ASM might be back but he is not an out and out goalscorer. We have to win that match. A draw would be no good.

A striker is the priority and perhaps Digne or a CB too before Watford.

I agree I think with Wilson’s injury that position becomes absolutely vital even though we know how awful central defence is. The missed chances v Man Utd show how crucial having a striker is. We could play Watford (and Leeds for that matter) off the park but if there’s nobody to finish the chances.....

digne have good mentality but not sur he wants to come newcastle , except if deschamps say it s good idea

but digne and tripier , if we take a good central we have good defense team :) 

i m tired to wait , we needs players this week not at the end of the year