Transfer rumours

Yorkie

7 hours ago, Thiago said:

I'm not ignorant to our current plight, but I also would only want people that come here willingly. I'm not bothered if it's the cash that convinces them, but I'd need them to buy into the belief we're going for the top. 

I'm Sure Howe will insist on this as well, his players have always worked hard and seemed to buy into his way.

12 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I agree I think with Wilson’s injury that position becomes absolutely vital even though we know how awful central defence is. The missed chances v Man Utd show how crucial having a striker is. We could play Watford (and Leeds for that matter) off the park but if there’s nobody to finish the chances.....

I personally still think defence is the highest priority, was it 11 goals we let in against Leicester, man city and Liverpool? 

I honestly think you are still selling Gayle short on here and I think with A start and the way our midfield are playing he could score some personally.

I still think we need a striker personally but 2 full backs and 2 central defenders are more important.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

I personally still think defence is the highest priority, was it 11 goals we let in against Leicester, man city and Liverpool? 

I honestly think you are still selling Gayle short on here and I think with A start and the way our midfield are playing he could score some personally.

I still think we need a striker personally but 2 full backs and 2 central defenders are more important.

Gayle is shite tbf.  He can’t start v Watford.

We showed against Man Utd (although they were shite), barring any defensive mistakes, we still can hold on to a certain extent but against Watford, if we're not scoring, we ain't winning. Look at the reverse fixture and how many chances did we spurn and ended up with a draw?

19 hours ago, Kanji said:

It appears the Manquillo discussion is entirely fabricated by a poster on here who was speculating a what if scenario?

Guilty as charged. I think my first post was something like "I wonder if Manquillo was offered to Atleti" - and when it was dismissed I chose to defend it.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

What's his role? Barely seen anything of him but I thought he was a winger?

I’m pretty much the same, seen him a couple of times and he was a winger, I know he’s also strongly linked with Spurs and Arsenal.

Gayle, so far in 2021/22, has played 28 minutes of league football and another 78 vs Burnley in the cup. Last season he managed 543 minutes or the equivalent of 6 games with one goal.

He’s done and should be shipped out or sold to a Boro, Blackburn or Sheffield United to carry on his Cameron Jerome / Michael Chopra career of being too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier League. 

Striker is the ultimate priority with Wilson crocked as we can cobble together two middling centre halves but have the forward resources of a middling Championship team. Cheers Mike and Charners for that one.

Bit anxious that we won't have a striker in for Watford. I know that's stupid to say, as not everything will be disclosed to the press, but it's hard not to worry :lol:

Assuming we don't get a striker in, do we go with ASM through the middle? I can't see Howe putting Joelinton up top, he's doing such an amazing job in midfield.

9 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Bit anxious that we won't have a striker in for Watford. I know that's stupid to say, as not everything will be disclosed to the press, but it's hard not to worry :lol:

Assuming we don't get a striker in, do we go with ASM through the middle? I can't see Howe putting Joelinton up top, he's doing such an amazing job in midfield.

ASM won’t be fit will he?

12 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Same. In an ideal world we'll have at least a centre half and a striker in time for Watford.

20 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

I wonder if Willock could be  an option up front.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Back in the day PEA was an excellent striker, but he just doesn't look interested anymore. The goals have dried up and he has disciplinary problems off the pitch. He's exactly the kind of player we should be avoiding.

Well, I disagree. The downside for me is that he will be off to the ACON.

Edited by Collage