Transfer rumours

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Why? CB and CF are clearly the most urgent needs.

Centre midfield should be our number one priority.

Fingers crossed its just standard Edwards bollocks.

Edited by The Prophet

We’ve needed a quality centre midfielder for years. Sadly I think Joelinton’s form in there and Howe really seems to like Shelvey means they don’t see it as a priority 

saying that it was only yesterday a journo said we were after 2 centre half’s, a midfielder, left back and striker 

i think maybe Wilson’s injury shifted the priorities 

Edited by gdm

I do feel like one excellent CM pretty much equals ~3 new defenders.

If we're recruiting a whole new defence we'll get by, but it feels like the wrong way round. Then again, any upgrades anywhere are welcome. 

I thought CM was top priority but Joelinton has genuinely changed things where that's concerned; incredible, really. 

Striker is obviously a critical addition. 

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Still sounds promising to be fair 

That’s a right back - sorted 

left back search on going 

centre forward - cash 

centre half - cash 

Plus

centre half - loan / permanent 

centre mid - looking not a priority though (maybe due to Joelinton) 

sounds about right anyway ? 

Agree …edwards is a knob though

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I do feel like one excellent CM pretty much equals ~3 new defenders.

If we're recruiting a whole new defence we'll get by, but it feels like the wrong way round. Then again, any upgrades anywhere are welcome. 

Striker is obviously a critical addition. 

100%. The defence would look no where near as bad if the midfield did the basics.

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, jonny1403 said:

CB is 100% more urgent than CM like.

You can't have been watching us much this season.

A new centre half should be high up the list, but they'll look about as effective as Schar if they're getting turned and pulled out of position all the time, due to a totally ineffective midfield.

Just now, The Prophet said:

You can't have been watching us much this season.

A new centre half should be high up the list, but they'll look about as effective as Schar if they're getting turned and pulled out of position all the time, due to a totally ineffective midfield.

I have been watching us this season, and I've seen Joelinton shore up our CM quite a bit in the last few games. I've also seen Clark and Lascelles concede needless goal after needless goal with basic mistakes that have nothing to do with the midfield.

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I have been watching us this season, and I've seen Joelinton shore up our CM quite a bit in the last few games. I've also seen Clark and Lascelles concede needless goal after needless goal with basic mistakes that have nothing to do with the midfield.

Joelintion has been an unexpected bonus, but we simply can't have Shelvey and Willock in a midfield two, allowing players to freely move between the lines or unable to keep the ball for more than a couple of passes. 

Your defence can be as good as you want on paper, but if its left constantly exposed by the midfield, its going to struggle.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Joelintion has been an unexpected bonus, but we simply can't have Shelvey and Willock in a midfield two, allowing players to freely move between the lines or unable to keep the ball for more than a couple of passes. 

Your defence can be as good as you want on paper, but if its left constantly exposed by the midfield, its going to struggle.

Oh I agree the midfield is not fit for purpose. I just think CB is slightly more shambolic [emoji38]

Ignore that bald prat Puke. I highly doubt he's picking up the phone to Mandy and getting the inside track. He put all his eggs in the Bruce basket and shit out, he's completely irrelevant.

Just now, steve_69 said:

Where is this confidence we're getting Digne coming from on here? I've seen us linked along with about 5 other PL clubs, one of which is Chelsea. Have i missed something?

The general thought is we can afford to increase his salary and buy him out right now. Where as Chelsea only want a loan until the end of the season. Everton want to sell In this window for FFP reasons.