Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Lets hope he is right.

I would be extremely impressed.

One thing I still don't get about football is, why are deals rarely ever sorted in advance?  Transfer window opens, 5 players arrive the day it opens.  I know its not the case but it's almost like clubs wait till the window opens before negotiating.

I assume (complete guess on my part) is that most selling clubs would rather wait, no sense selling to say us in November when the situation at the club may be completely different come January. 

4 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Time for a thread for Digne?

You would think so, but not really been mentioned much in the rumours. Maybe the wages are too high so putting off clubs making a move?

20 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We should, I feel the more sensible signings will be coming from our 20% stakeholders, where as any daft signing or ‘trophy’ signing may come from PIF, I’ve been told a few times they would sanction a massive statement signing like a Coutinho or Dembele or PEA as he’s being mentioned now. I’d prefer sensible, but quality signings. 

Coutinho wants to prove Barca wrong and win back his place in the Brazil squad - to say he's finished and looking for a payday is just re-haahsed, ill-informed rubbish.

Yes, Ramsey is made of crisps but if we get him on a no-risk deal and get 10-15 games out of him, it's worth a gamble. PEA i'm more concerned about because he looks like a genuinely can't be arsed any more.

The fact is we're not an attractive draw right now. We're odds-on to go down so players won't be desperate to join us. It would be different if we were mid-table, but players are selfish and want to maximise their short careers - spending a season here in the championship won't look very attractive to most

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Makes sense in a way, Everton will be looking for a permanent move to claw back the money they've spent on a replacement. Who's Chelsea's current left back, maybe we can take him on loan?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Makes sense in a way, Everton will be looking for a permanent move to claw back the money they've spent on a replacement. Who's Chelsea's current left back, maybe we can take him on loan?

Alonso.

Move to Chelsea doesn’t really make sense. Chilwell is first choice so he will be back in once recovered from injury, plus they have Alonso as back up and Emerson out on loan.

£30 million is a lot for a back up 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It's currently murderer Alonso. Chilwell is likely out for the season. But Alonso might be worth a punt if Adam Pearson is still outside the training ground when he goes for his medical.

Jesus christ 😂😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It's currently murderer Alonso. Chilwell is likely out for the season. But Alonso might be worth a punt if Adam Pearson is still outside the training ground when he goes for his medical.

Alonso is a headcase like. :lol:

7 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Fucking hell :lol:

First post after lurking for a while.

Disappointing if true that Digne isn't a possibility but there's plenty of other options out there at LB. Wijndal and Tagliafico are the 2 that come to mind.

Also I'd take PEA but only on a 6 month loan and only if he were one of two strikers we brought in as we really do need someone in ASAP while Wilson is out for however long.

Can CouCou play as an out-and-out striker? Of all the superstar names being bandied about, his seems relatively plausible. Only issue is if he wants to come. Barcelona needs money for Torres and everyone else seems skint.

Edited by Emotic