Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Dandy Man said:

Some links in Germany to Dan-Axel Zagadou from Dortmund, Manchester Utd also interested, out of contract at end of season

Sounds good, we should always aim to have one player whose name fits nicely into an Agadoo chant.

Just now, Shak said:

Sounds good, we should always aim to have one player whose name fits nicely into an Agadoo chant.

Agado and Batman would significantly improve our repertoire of chants, which currently stands at 4 [emoji38]

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Arthur Cabral linked in the Swiss media. I can't say I know much about him.

23 year old Brazilian striker with 16 goals in 21 games this season! (according to Google) Sounds pretty handy!

If Ramsey wants to get away from Juventus - with England in mind - he'll have to perform well whilst on loan. For that reason I think it could be worth a punt. I don't think he's the type of midfielder we need but any upgrade is welcome. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If Ramsey wants to get away from Juventus - with England in mind - he'll have to perform well whilst on loan. For that reason I think it could be worth a punt. I don't think he's the type of midfielder we need but any upgrade is welcome. 

Agree and let’s remember Eddie how managed to make Dan Gosling look like a footballer. 

30 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I've mentioned before that I'd be happy with Ramsay on loan. The only thing is that the midfield needs way more steel than it needs craft and he's 0% steel, 100% craft.

Although sometimes you don’t need as much steel if you’ve got a lot of craft. Attack is the best form of defence and all that..

If we look at who most urgently needs replacing in the first team, I think you'd have to go with:

Gayle 

Clark/Lascelles

Ritchie at LB

Krafth/Manquillo

Almiron/Murphy 

Shelvey

That would be my list of priorities. Shelvey has been performing and Big Joe has been excellent in his midfield role, which pushes CM down the priority list for January IMO.

I would prioritise a #10 or wide creative player over the CM role because Almiron's decision making is pap and Murphy is inconsistent. We are completely reliant on ASM for creativity and that makes us too easy to play against. That needs to change if we're going to stay up

It's now quite interesting to see who's posting what crazy ideas as to who we could now be looking at signing, as without a doubt, the management have targeted several players to fill specific rolls.

But only the trippier one was a starter from the get go - ALL of the others are just hearsay - I'm waiting with baited breath to see what happens - My browser is on a constant 20 second refresh.

And at this moment I couldn't even to think to state players we could be interested in - as we've never been in this position - having money to spend.

The mind can only boggle at what the permutations  of the players out there - with the budget we have - and it's only 6 days into a 31 day window.

I think I'm going to need a lie-down. 

Digne and Diego carlos are good players and very good mentality 

but we need offensive player now to SCOre :) 

vlahovic will be exceptionnal but Jovic on load is good 

Martin Dúbravka

Trippier   Diego Carlos Lascelles or Tarkowski    Digne 

Wijnaldum ( Joelinton )   Willock or Zaccaria or Veretout 

Lindgaard    Ramsay or van de Beek    Maximum or Almiron

Jovic or Wilson 

if yon can better with a goalkeeper for exemple : henderson or leno to secure 

but you need yo have all players before 15 january , and with the covid more players not only 5 players to buy 

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Sky stating we’re in for Coutinho.

I'm 100% in on this one now. He's one of the best players I've ever seen play at SJP so turning our noses up at him would be mental. I realise he comes with big wages, but people talking about being up for a relegation battle need to keep in mind that teams with better players don't have to "grind out results". The results will just come because the players are actually capable of using the ball.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I'm 100% in on this one now. He's one of the best players I've ever seen play at SJP so turning our noses up at him would be mental. I realise he comes with big wages, but people talking about being up for a relegation battle need to keep in mind that teams with better players don't have to "grind out results". The results will just come because the players are actually capable of using the ball.

Hes gan to Villa

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I can't see how he doesn't go villa with Gerrard 

My thinking on this 

if players don’t want to come , more the fool them 

they can’t see the bigger picture and don’t have faith in their own ability 

Example 

Digne walks into the discussions and asks why he should sign , what’s the plan 

we tell him , we are looking to attract top players , we want to build a team to compete at the top 

if players don’t want to come and don’t grasp the situation 

I believe they don’t have confidence in their own ability to keep us up , don’t want to build something special and therefore can xxxx off 

Coutinho to Villa makes sense in terms of the team. He plays a similar role to the one Grealish played for Villa and like Grealish, to a degree, he needs a team built around him (this is one of the reasons I'm not so keen on him). Villa's struggles were/are in part due to not replacing Grealish with a like for like, instead they have tried to have this creativity more distributed, this hasn't quite clicked yet. Coutinho could allow them to 'revert to type' a bit more. Makes sense for the player and the team.

2 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

My thinking on this 

if players don’t want to come , more the fool them 

they can’t see the bigger picture and don’t have faith in their own ability 

Example 

Digne walks into the discussions and asks why he should sign , what’s the plan 

we tell him , we are looking to attract top players , we want to build a team to compete at the top 

if players don’t want to come and don’t grasp the situation 

I believe they don’t have confidence in their own ability to keep us up , don’t want to build something special and therefore can xxxx off 

I’m afraid this is our biggest problem. Is what it is we are a club 2nd bottom and these players will take one look at it and not fancy it