Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I'd very happily take the 'hit' of losing out on £1million for the sake of keeping him, on the off-chance Howe can get him somewhere close to his potential and a resulting new contract. He certainly didn't perform like a League 1 player against Man Utd. 

5 minutes ago, themanupstairs said:

I want this guy at NUFC more than any other player at the moment. Would be absolutely massive, albeit a tad unrealistic at the moment.

I feel same way about Alvarez. Very unlikely, but man he is a talent. And cheap too

1 minute ago, arnonel said:

I feel same way about Alvarez. Very unlikely, but man he is a talent. And cheap too

Alvarez is pretty good yes. Always wary of bringing talent over from Latin America as the main man and expect them to hit the ground running. Vlahovic and Nunez ahead of him for me for that reason.

10 minutes ago, themanupstairs said:

I want this guy at NUFC more than any other player at the moment. Would be absolutely massive, albeit a tad unrealistic at the moment.

If true I am happy we are even interested/trying to get players like this.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Reading value Swift at £7m and he's out of contract in summer too. Similar age, probably better than Longstaff on current form. 

He’s scored 8 and got 9 assists in 22 games this year. They need him this season, and their price is deliberately prohibitive to purchasing him. 

Anywhere between 5-8M is a fair valuation for Sean Longstaff in his current contract situation. He's not THAT useless ffs. Massive dip in form, yes. Worth more to Rafa probably because he knows how to get the best out of him. I wouldn't let him go unless it's for maximum value either in cash or player exchange.

1 minute ago, themanupstairs said:

Anywhere between 5-8M is a fair valuation for Sean Longstaff in his current contract situation. He's not THAT useless ffs. Massive dip in form, yes. Worth more to Rafa probably because he knows how to get the best out of him. I wouldn't let him go unless it's for maximum value either in cash or player exchange.

Probably is, however we may as well just let him go now....we don't need the cash, he's not getting in the team soon barring everyone else getting injured, he's not been great when he has been in the team, it is highly likely that we'll spend significant amounts of money on midfield if not now, but in summer when he's out of contract and not likely to get a new deal from us.

3 minutes ago, themanupstairs said:

There’s a temporary dip in form, and there’s a three year loss of application, fitness, passing and tackling ability, reading of the game, movement…

Rafa got the best out of a 18-20 year old who was raw but had potential and was willing- he’s none of that now. 

At the moment, Longstaff offers us nothing other than legs to put on the field the same as Hendrick.

I know the majority don’t agree, but I just can’t see any positives to him right now. 

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

There is not a single reason at all you sell him for 1M. Better of signing him to a 2-3 year deal and having him stay on as a squad member as we move out Hayden and Hendrick. 

We'd be better off keeping him and letting him go for free in the summer, we still need midfielders, it's not like we are overloaded in that department. I guess if Ramsey comes in then we'll need to clear players out, that would be the only reason you would let him go, but even then I think I'd rather just de-register him. 

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

We'd be better off keeping him and letting him go for free in the summer, we still need midfielders, it's not like we are overloaded in that department. I guess if Ramsey comes in then we'll need to clear players out, that would be the only reason you would let him go, but even then I think I'd rather just de-register him. 

Even then, Hendrick should be first out the door. Not sure what's going on with Matty Longstaff, but even he can leave before Sean IMO.

Just now, nufcjb said:

Do you guys think we'll have a Robinho-style signing this window? I proper hope so and hope its for a striker.

I think they’d like to, hence rumours about Coutinho or Vlahovic etc, but it’s whether those players want to come. 

23 minutes ago, Kanji said:

There is not a single reason at all you sell him for 1M. Better of signing him to a 2-3 year deal and having him stay on as a squad member as we move out Hayden and Hendrick. 

7 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I get he's out of contract in the summer, but 1 million is taking the piss still. Rafa can swivel. 

Baring in mind covid and potential injuries far better off keeping him on the off chance - only sense it would make is what they've apparently tried to do, use it as a gateway to a player were interested in.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I think they’d like to, hence rumours about Coutinho or Vlahovic etc, but it’s whether those players want to come. 

Botman and Vlahovic, it seems there is a deal to be done, even if it is for daft money, but the impression seems to be that both are hoping for CL challenging clubs to come in. If any of those are interested then we'll have to look elsewhere.