Transfer rumours

Yorkie

23 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Do you guys think we'll have a Robinho-style signing this window? I proper hope so and hope its for a striker.

Yeah but was that a Robinho type signing, or was that him,his agent, and madrid wanting him out because he was being accused of all sorts at the time?

There's splashing the cash, or theres taking advantage of an iffy situation. 

In our case that might be Aubameyang? Not that he's done anything dodgy, but he earns way too much, for any old club to farm him out to, and is clearly not wanted by Arteta.

I'd also add, Man City were in nowhere near the mess we're in, its going to be hard to convince a superstar signing to join a club 19th in the league 👍🏻

Edited by mighty__mag

Guest reefatoon

Maybe we can tempt Vlahovic by taking him to Greggs for a pastie hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

superman-clark-kent.gif 

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Ten million?! Seriously?! I think you hit the nail on the head with “shit” and “out of contract”. His potential has long gone, sadly, given he’s 25 this year.  

£5m at the very least. £1m Is embarrassing 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Listening to talksport on the way home, they were saying Brighton stand to make a fortune on Lamptey and are prepared to listen to offers upward of 40m with Spurs and Arsenal both interested. 

I'd love us to put a bid in for him. 

Unbelievable signing if we could 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Listening to talksport on the way home, they were saying Brighton stand to make a fortune on Lamptey and are prepared to listen to offers upward of 40m with Spurs and Arsenal both interested. 

Plus he can share a ride with Ashworth. Sorted.

14 minutes ago, toontownman said:

On one hand we have the press linking us to Vlahovic, Alvarez, Nunez and Dembele then we have links to Solanke, Nketiah, Morelos and Brereton.  Silly season but hope we pick from list A lol. 

Everytime I have seen Solanke (in the Championship) he's looked decent, seems to hold the ball up very well..

Just now, mofo said:

Everytime I have seen Solanke (in the Championship) he's looked decent, seems to hold the ball up very well..

I don't doubt Howe would love to reunite and have the pair of them prove everyone wrong. It was just too early in his development in the PL and in a team that didn't quite work for him at the time. 

9 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

We've just bought a RB :lol: 

Didnt realise he only cost Brighton 3m at the time. Why the fuck didnt we go in for him?! Man we were so fucking shit.

He is fucking brilliant, like. Not even played all that much for Brighton and you can still see just how good he currently is and how much better he can become. 

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

We've just bought a RB :lol: 

Didnt realise he only cost Brighton 3m at the time. Why the fuck didnt we go in for him?! Man we were so fucking shit.

He is fucking brilliant, like. Not even played all that much for Brighton and you can still see just how good he currently is and how much better he can become. 

Wouldn't take much to convert him to a winger - play him and Trippier on the right hand side together

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If Origi is available at the prices being quoted, it sounds like a sensible move.

Can’t believe Origi is available with Mane and Salah away for a month? I haven’t seen any reports other than fans wanting him? 

Great that Trippier is done and Botman, Diego Carlos, Digne and dare I say it Vlahovic are amongst our targets but I think we're starting to see how difficult a window this could be with clubs either demanding a "Newcastle premium" like Lille and Sevilla or players not prepared to join because of our league position (Vlahovic/Digne)

Our need for early arrivals makes things more difficult because I do think the longer the window goes on without Digne signing for Chelsea the more likely he'd be to join us. 

That said, it's so refreshing the club are bring proactive and ambitious with their targets.

Long may it continue.

3 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Great that Trippier is done and Botman, Diego Carlos, Digne and dare I say it Vlahovic are amongst our targets but I think we're starting to see how difficult a window this could be with clubs either demanding a "Newcastle premium" like Lille and Sevilla or players not prepared to join because of our league position (Vlahovic/Digne)

Our need for early arrivals makes things more difficult because I do think the longer the window goes on without Digne signing for Chelsea the more likely he'd be to join us. 

That said, it's so refreshing the club are bring proactive and ambitious with their targets.

Long may it continue.

Holy shit, my top 10 finish bet could getting fished out of the bin if that happens

15 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Can’t believe Origi is available with Mane and Salah away for a month? I haven’t seen any reports other than fans wanting him? 

Klopp was saying after he came off the bench and scored recently that it wasn't fair to keep him on the bench indefinitely even though he never made a fuss, I think he said he would let him go if the right offer came in. That was before AFCON obviously, but they might let him go for his own sake. And obviously a premium price. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Would much rather Nketia than Origi 

Get both in! We need two strikers with Wilson out.