Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Gazzaschicken said:

See the mail have reported a Premier league team have bid 7m for Nat Phillips which has been rejected as Liverpool are wanting 15m.

Might be us? 

Watford maybe 

Watford have made a bid for Liverpool's English centre-back Nathaniel Phillips, 24, who has been told he can leave the Reds this month. (Football Insider)

16 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I'd be okay with this. Fairly low outlay for a CB that's better than what we have and he's still fairly young at 24. 

85apps in 4 years at West Ham so he's actually played more than I thought he had, always assumed he'd been 3rd/4th choice.

Couple of goals along the way. 

He's a unit as well. 

Better than clark. 

I feel like we're trying to sign one top end centre back (Botman/Carlos) and one cheaper option (Diop/Phillips) with the players we're linked to. Would be sensible move. Too many of our centre backs aren't Prem quality but we're not likely to be able to afford two top end centre halves.

16 minutes ago, kisearch said:

youtu.be/5gw-6UYxJQk

Hadn't even thought of Tolisso. Some interesting picks in here, know very little about any of them though.

Watching to the end of that video with the exotic names, and then seeing the final lineup with Matt Ritchie still in at left-back:suicide:[emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Watching to the end of that video with the exotic names, and then seeing the final lineup with Matt Ritchie still in at left-back:suicide:[emoji38]

You missed Darlow in goal? :lol:

37 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

I feel like we're trying to sign one top end centre back (Botman/Carlos) and one cheaper option (Diop/Phillips) with the players we're linked to. Would be sensible move. Too many of our centre backs aren't Prem quality but we're not likely to be able to afford two top end centre halves.

How you figure that?

Just now, Ikon said:

Remember us playing against them at home i think, with Diop in total control with me thinking that he was really good. Not sure i've thought/seen that much about him after that.

Every time i've seen him play i've thought he was class, really dominant and totally in control. He's also huge, which is a bonus.

Replacing Clark and Lascelles with Diop and Botman would be huge.

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

L’Equipe say that we’re interested in signing  Monaco centre-back Benoît Badiashile.

He has looked quality when I’ve seen him. I’ve been wanting us to look at this guy since we were bought!

It’s really typical Newcastle for us to be sat at the arse end of the table when everything should be in place for massive buys. Clubs worldwide are skint and tons of good players are at the tail end of their contracts this year. We’d be hoovering them up if we were mid-table.  Now it’s geography and league position messing with players desire, plus our desperation messing with clubs valuation of them.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Could do with a couple more before Watford. Fingers crossed.

I think 3 before Watford might well be the target. It seems they are furiously working on things. Centre back aside, it doesn't seem like they have prioritised any other position. Midfield and strikers have both been linked.