Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Tifo talk a good game but that potential line-up at the end tells us they haven't actually got a fucking clue what they're going onabout like [emoji38]

Aye I did think that, almost ruined the video :lol:

All our transfers seem to follow the same media pattern

Newcastle interested in a player

Player not interested, only wants to play UCL

Chelsea also chasing the same player

First bid made and rejected

Player actually is interested

Second bid made and accepted

23 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Tifo talk a good game but that potential line-up at the end tells us they haven't actually got a fucking clue what they're going onabout like [emoji38]

Aye, I enjoyed the video and threw up some really interesting names (except Pascal Gross) but that last XI was minging still

I still have a sneaking feeling that Aubameyang might be a late signing. He's getting terrible press at the moment, he's out of favour at Arsenal, and he might fancy coming here to prove a point. Can't see any of the big clubs in the PL going for him, and will clubs abroad meet his wages? I wouldn't want him long term, but a 6 month deal would suit all parties. 

Cant see Origi being available, certainly not for 7m. Complete no brainer if he was. Looking who reported it for the Telegraph tells me it is BS. Striker links seem a complete crap shoot so far. No idea who we are actually interested in. Agree with @TRon Aubameyeng will be on the cards late in the window if we are still looking and have got one Striker in already. Can see the same being the case with Digne and Ramsey. Priority has to be the CB, DM and Striker over the next week or so and then see where we are at. 

Cantwell is a bit like Ramsey for me. Both have risk and both not especially what we need to prioritise. Great if we get a proper animal DM as well. Something tells me Cantwell as a young English player would do well under Howe but we didn't see much improvement from Longstaff, Hayden got dropped and Willock seems to have gone backwards so far. We need to stay clear of any risky signings imo. We can't afford to go down. (well actually I guess we can, I would just rather we didn't).

Botman and Carlos would be jaw dropping. I know they both play generally as the LCB but Carlos is definitely right footed so they could play together or in a back three. Maybe we are looking to a back three with Trippier and a new LWB to negate the need of buying a DM this window. Still would rather we buy a DM. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I still have a sneaking feeling that Aubameyang might be a late signing. He's getting terrible press at the moment, he's out of favour at Arsenal, and he might fancy coming here to prove a point. Can't see any of the big clubs in the PL going for him, and will clubs abroad meet his wages? I wouldn't want him long term, but a 6 month deal would suit all parties. 

After comprehensive Dennis Wise scouting Gabriel Barbosa I would personally love if we went for the loan, but any striker at this point that is better than Gayle will do.