Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Can’t wrap me head round this. We’ve spent years pissing about, had a transfer record for about 13 year while everyone else seemingly broke theirs annually, and now we’re supposedly looking to spend £70-80m on a few defenders mid Jan. :frantic:

Now we've got one in the door, I feel super relieved and I'm now loving this. Reminds me of the '90s when we were linked with all sorts of folks whether it came off or not.

At one point we were going to have a centre back pairing of Neil Ruddock and Phil Babb. Obviously, these new rumours are much more exciting. 

When Ando posted a week or so ago about the way we’d be operating in the window, I had a feeling it’d be exciting but this is just ridiculous. :lol: 

Potentially a full new defence man. Can imagine Clark and Lascelles sat at home wondering what the fuck is going on. 

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

When Ando posted a week or so ago about the way we’d be operating in the window, I had a feeling it’d be exciting but this is just ridiculous. :lol: 

Potentially a full new defence man. Can imagine Clark and Lascelles sat at home wondering what the fuck is going on. 

They only need look at the league table.

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Tifo talk a good game but that potential line-up at the end tells us they haven't actually got a fucking clue what they're going onabout like [emoji38]

At the end of the video they show what our starting 11 would look like if we followed their suggestions. They've got Ritchie at right back and  Darlow goal! It's almost as though they haven't watched us at all this season, or noticed that Howe already made those changes. FFS

Edit: Ritchie at left back, course

Edited by gazza ladra
written in hot rage

Not seen any sources suggesting it but how about Oxlade Chamberlain? Liverpool are likely getting another midfielder in this month so perhaps he'll want/need to move on.

I'd certainly take him on loan with an option to buy. More of a number 8 these days so could fit in the system.

Thought it would be one or the other but not both.. madness, to be honest both seem to have similar qualities which is not a bad thing.

Coloccini in his pomp would be the perfect player to go alongside these two in a 3 man defence. Is there anyone in world football now with similar attributes?

Pretty insane we could potentially have an entirely new back four in a couple of weeks. Also a huge gamble, especially when at least half of the back four hasn't played in in PL before. We have to hit the ground running and pick up wins. Not much time to bed people in.

16 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Not seen any sources suggesting it but how about Oxlade Chamberlain? Liverpool are likely getting another midfielder in this month so perhaps he'll want/need to move on.

I'd certainly take him on loan with an option to buy. More of a number 8 these days so could fit in the system.

Plus his lass is from Shields. 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Pretty insane we could potentially have an entirely new back four in a couple of weeks. Also a huge gamble, especially when at least half of the back four hasn't played in in PL before. We have to hit the ground running and pick up wins. Not much time to bed people in.

How much of a gamble is it when you've leaked 42 goals in 19 games?

Mate said to me tonight, "getting pissed off with Newcastle, all I hear is them being linked with every player on all the media and TV channels" [emoji38]

Gonna keep an eye on him as the transfer window has only been open 7 days. 

I guess 10+ years with no mentions in any transfer window kind of makes people forget [emoji38]

Judging by the Reddit comments, Carlos is possibly the more exciting signing between him and Botman. A lot on there seem to think that Botman really, really struggles if he's playing in a defence that plays a high line (something I'd expect us to do in the future) and I've seen a couple of comments saying Carlos has been one of the best defenders in La Liga this season. 

4 hours ago, kisearch said:

Judging by the Reddit comments, Carlos is possibly the more exciting signing between him and Botman. A lot on there seem to think that Botman really, really struggles if he's playing in a defence that plays a high line (something I'd expect us to do in the future) and I've seen a couple of comments saying Carlos has been one of the best defenders in La Liga this season. 

That’s pretty much my opinion as well. I prefer Carlos over Botman. Won’t mind to have both though.