Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
34 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I'd actually make a striker the absolute priority now.

And another as we need two and always have done!

51 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Need some Botman and Carlos updates to get over that shower today.

Aye back to the most exciting stuff

It's been like that since October now. Everything off the pitch gives the buzz til a match day 😆

3 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

I'd make 10 players for the starting eleven an absolute priority now.

Just keep Trippier.

agreed.   They need to up the pace of recruitment,   we need 4 in this week (2CB, LB and Striker) and in by Weds ideally.

1 minute ago, Toon No9 said:

Can't be doing this one signing at the time. Need to work on several deals at the same time. There are many players we need to get signed to turn this around.

Strange you think we are not doing that already.

Edited by Slim

3 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Can't be doing this one signing at the time. Need to work on several deals at the same time. There are many players we need to get signed to turn this around.

We are clearly already doing that to be fair.

One plus point of today is if any of the players were unsettled by any potential wage disparities they can suck it up because they've just emphatically proved why they need all the help they can get.

Edited by Thumbheed

Been thinking about some of the players we've been linked with and I really think we need to take personality on the pitch into consideration big time. 

Just as an example, this past week we've been linked with Martial who is top quality, but the way our team is, I'd be very worried about him coming in as he can be quite moody and loves a sulk. Alternatively, I also saw us linked with Morelos from Rangers, who always plays on the edge and is very fiery and competitive, and gets the crowd and his team going with his antics.

Think we need to really consider looking at players more in line with the latter's personality traits because these current lot are so depressingly timid and nervous and we need to rid the team of that characteristic.

It's hindsight obviously but we really should have had a striker lined up to be signed on the day the transfer window opened. We have problems all over the squad but it was clear that an injury to Wilson would be an absolute disaster. 

It didn't have to be a marque signing, just a proven out and out striker. 

We had plenty of time to get this done. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Been thinking about some of the players we've been linked with and I really think we need to take personality on the pitch into consideration big time. 

Just as an example, this past week we've been linked with Martial who is top quality, but the way our team is, I'd be very worried about him coming in as he can be quite moody and loves a sulk. Alternatively, I also saw us linked with Morelos from Rangers, who always plays on the edge and is very fiery and competitive, and gets the crowd and his team going with his antics.

Think we need to really consider looking at players more in line with the latter's personality traits because these current lot are so depressingly timid and nervous and we need to rid the team of that characteristic.

Not only character but some basic football intelligence wouldn’t go amiss either. 

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Not only character but some basic football intelligence wouldn’t go amiss either. 

Yes, of course. Ability first, but my God we need some players with some fire in their belly. It's absolutely ridiculous, honestly.

11 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

It's hindsight obviously but we really should have had a striker lined up to be signed on the day the transfer window opened. We have problems all over the squad but it was clear that an injury to Wilson would be an absolute disaster. 

It didn't have to be a marque signing, just a proven out and out striker. 

We had plenty of time to get this done. 

I've never got my head around it. Why wait untill the transfer window opens before putting bids in?

Why not do it before so the players can sign the day it opens up?

15 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

I've never got my head around it. Why wait untill the transfer window opens before putting bids in?

Why not do it before so the players can sign the day it opens up?

Maybe because if a player has agreed to leave a club but still has weeks/months until he actually transfers, the selling club may feel like he will lose interest in playing well for them? 
Not to mention issues around injuries and insurance etc if a player is still being selected for a team but has agreed a future transfer? 

Edited by Manxst

28 minutes ago, KaKa said:

23 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

And some basic football skills wouldn't go amiss, most of our squad struggle just to control a ball.

Edited by bobbydazzla

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

I'd take Giroud I honestly would. Might be slower than a Vauxhall Corsa up hill but he'd at least get a few goals and I'd imagine wouldn't cost the world.

He's just signed for Milan who are competing for the Serie A title. A club that also has a long history of sticking with older players and in a slower league. He isn't going to come here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10382911/Newcastle-talks-sign-35m-rated-Monaco-centre-Benoit-Badiashile.html

Newcastle United are holding talks with Monaco over a move for centre-back Benoit Badiashile.

The highly-rated 20-year-old has attracted interest from West Ham, Wolves and Manchester United in recent months and has come into focus for Newcastle as they struggle to reach agreement with Lille for Sven Botman, despite increasing their £30million bid.

Eddie Howe wants two centre-backs and discussions are also continuing with Sevilla for 28-year-old Brazilian Diego Carlos.

France U21 international Badiashile is valued around £35m and negotiations are ongoing as Newcastle run a number of parallel negotiations while they also have the potential of a loan deal for Barcelona's Samuel Umtiti.

They also want two strikers with Callum Wilson out injured, a left-back and a midfielder. 

Real Sociedad's Alexander Isak, who is a target for Arsenal also, would be their ideal addition, but with time pressing they have spoken to Marseille about a £15m deal for Bamba Dieng and to Zenit St Petersburg regarding a £5m offer for prolific Iranian Sardar Azmoun. 

Newcastle have also discussed moves for midfielders Yves Bissouma at Brighton and Boubacar Kamara of Marseille but face competition on both. 

Newcastle will consider letting Sean Longstaff go to Everton if they can get midfielders in.