Transfer rumours

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Again, judging yesterdays performance, if we don’t upgrade that central midfield position we will be royally fucked for the rest of the season, no matter who we bring in for the other positions. It’s where we lose games and needs rectified this window urgently.

Its obvious to me, this window they need to be utterly ruthless.   They need to replace 70-80% of the entire 1st team.   

Howe must know who the bad eggs are  and they need to be moved out, either loans, sales (yeah right) or just paid off.

It needs to be a cull.  Before I was thinking, takeover, players will respond postively to new owners, new enthused crowd etc.   They really haven't.   Fuck em, get rid as soon as replacement found.

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Speaks volumes that Shelvey and Ritchie was the first names Rafa wanted to bin off and they're still starting for us week on week - and they both got rewarded with new contracts also :lol: 

Did Benitez not buy Ritchie ?

I'd love to see some of the aforementioned binned off, but Longstaff aside - and that's only via a Rafa connection - it says a great deal that nobody is coming in for the likes of Ritchie and Shelvey.

7 minutes ago, Dembacha said:

Did Benitez not buy Ritchie ?

He did, and he did really well for the Championship season. I think Rafa knew he wasn't Prem quality though, and this was what 4 years ago

6 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Totally agree. There was an example in yesterdays game around the 70 minute mark, where they were attacking and were a few yards outside of our box and Shelvey was standing there bent over with his hands on his hips. Now this is against a lower third division team and is unforgivable for me as their player just went by him with the ball.

I think Shelvey tends to get off a bit light and escape criticism given the glaring deficiencies elsewhere and because he can pick a pass or hit a shot. But it is criminal the amount of times he does that hunched over shite pretending to want to close a man down when really he has no intention of doing so.

If we are going to have him starting every game in that deep lying playmaker/quarterback role till end of season then it's not going to end well, has shown time and again he hasn't got the stomach for a battle.

Guest HTT II

Shelvey is the GOAT at…… —————> 

Fucking pointing.

He’s fucking gormless, useless and shite. 

5 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

I think Shelvey tends to get off a bit light and escape criticism given the glaring deficiencies elsewhere and because he can pick a pass or hit a shot. But it is criminal the amount of times he does that hunched over shite pretending to want to close a man down when really he has no intention of doing so.

If we are going to have him starting every game in that deep lying playmaker/quarterback role till end of season then it's not going to end well, has shown time and again he hasn't got the stomach for a battle.

And most of these loopy sideway passes he plays down the wings could be played by Schar. Problem is he’s so deep that we get no creativity in midfield as a result, and when we lose the ball they run through our midfield because his starting position is so deep.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Would be a decent signing at this stage.

Can't see Burnley selling whilst they're in a relegation scrap. 

Can't see Burnley selling him to a relegation rival. 

Weird one. Unless Wood kicks up a massive fuss and does everything he can to force a move, I just can't see it. 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, The Prophet said:

I quite like Wood, he does the basics well. I think if he was at a club with more service he'd score more goals too l.

He’ll be fucked here then.