Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Burnley fans who watch him every week, and have done for years, disagree with you.

And what did West Brom fans make of Rondon? Coventry fans of Bellamy? Our fans of Perez? People are fucking dolts, generally speaking.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

And what did West Brom fans make of Rondon? Coventry fans of Bellamy? Our fans of Perez? People are fucking dolts, generally speaking.

Rondon, Perez and Bellamy were not 30+ years old and on the decline after a career of complete nothingness.

West Brom fans spoke highly of Rondon and Perez was liked by the majority.

He’s absolutely crap. For the cost we’d have to pay, there are literally hundreds of better options.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

If Chris Wood comes im holding you personally responsible if he’s gash @Rich. My feeling is yes as squad player, no as a a direct fill in for Wilson. That will see us go down imo. 

Fair. I just love a big lump, Ironside bossed it yesterday.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Rondon, Perez and Bellamy were not 30+ years old and on the decline after a career of complete nothingness.

He’s absolutely crap. For the cost we’d have to pay, there are literally hundreds of better options.

Time will tell, I suppose.

I know little about Wood, but if he's joined by a younger, more skilful, pacy forward Id get him.

Be nice to have someone to hold up the ball, bully the defender and maybe get on the end of crosses.

He's a unit, which we've not had in a while. Horses for courses right now. 15m Max.

In my opinion Wood and Cantwell are fine, that's all, just fine, nothing more than that. If we'd had got them both in the Sumner I think we'd be in a better position than we are now. HOWEVER, with where we are in the table we really do need better than these two and I don't think they are good enough to keep us in the league now, specifically Wood, we need a better striker than him to get us out of this problem.

Like as much as I think it could be a decent signing we essentially want him to play the next couple of games and then be replaced by a new striker and/or Wilson for the remainder of the season. After that he would hopefully just be a plan b when we're struggling to beak a side down.

23 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I genuinely don't think we are after either of Wood and Cantwell. It's not how Arabs roll. I can see them wanting more shiny players. 

Imagine the sponsorship deals we will get when you land at jeddah airport, get off the plane and see a giant chris wood advert. 

In our current predicament I think Woods is as good as we're likely gonna get in terms of a striker to come in and rival/cover for Wilson's hamstrings. Always going to have to overpay with Saudi ownership, January window and being 19th. 

Both him and Cantwell could also be seen as signings with half an eye on the Championship as well

Woods is a classic number 9 and we need that. The fact we often go direct and need someone who can hold it up means I'm all for it. City signed a lot of 'unsexy' players in the early days and I'd be happy for us to do similar. 

Not sure about his availability or willingness, but someone like Dzeko would be a much much better choice. Doubt it would be impossible to get him. Either way, there are tons of other better options than Wood.