Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Chris Wood? Howe underwhelming. Been so excited with the players we've been linked with until now. Anyway he's got a groin problem so won't be available straight away. Plus can't see Burnley selling him to us any Howe.

4 minutes ago, Ola1949 said:

Chris Wood? Howe underwhelming. Been so excited with the players we've been linked with until now. Anyway he's got a groin problem so won't be available straight away. Plus can't see Burnley selling him to us any Howe.

I hope Howe underwhelming doesn't become a thing 

12 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Don’t know about that. They bought like Robinho, Santa Cruz, Given, Wayne Bridge, Nigel De Jong. They were in their first ten signings. Hardly Chris wood esque

They also signed Tal Ben Haim, Sylvinho, Vieira, and loaned in Martin Fulop. It's about signing what's needed.

7 minutes ago, Thiago said:

They also signed Tal Ben Haim, Sylvinho, Vieira, and loaned in Martin Fulop. It's about signing what's needed.

These guys were needed? Their early technical infrastructure was trash and it is reflected in their signings. 

36 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Not disagreeing with the rest of you post, but this bit makes no sense, to me. If we just have the edge over Burnley or Watford, and not against the rest, we'll go down. A couple of "6 pointers" won't save us. We'll absolutely need to have the edge over Brighton and those around them if we're to claw back enough to survive. I think we'll also need to get some points from when the big boy run comes back. Otherwise we'll finish below Burnley and Watford. 

I can't believe I have to type this...sooooooo, I'm thinking, no matter how many times I read the quote, I'm not understanding your sentence the right way :lol: Apologies :lol: 

Yes you are reading it wrong. I mean have the edge over them in the relegation fight, not in individual games against other clubs.

2 minutes ago, Joe_F said:

Strange that Hope and Downie still haven't reported anything at all on this Wood talk.

Might just be a load of bollocks by Edwards.

Edwards has been pretty accurate recently IMO.

It's all very quiet today but I suppose they have to have a day off. Things will go wild next week.

Just now, nufcnick said:

We should have had at least 3-4 players in ready last week, not fucking 1 player, it’s the constant hesitation from day 1 that’s going to make sure we’re relegated this season 

:lol:

What a helmet.

14 minutes ago, Jagten said:

These guys were needed? Their early technical infrastructure was trash and it is reflected in their signings. 

It was experience, it was known quantities. Right now, we either sign Chris Wood who I think could secure us 5-10 goals, or we keep hoping that Dwight Gayle is suddenly not going to be a shit PL level striker. 

6 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

We should have had at least 3-4 players in ready last week, not fucking 1 player, it’s the constant hesitation from day 1 that’s going to make sure we’re relegated this season 

Incredible take. Some spectacularly thick people in our fanbase like.

9 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Get a fucking grip man, its not like buying a tin of beans in the supermarket.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Incredible take. Some spectacularly thick people in our fanbase like.

Someone on Twitter is saying we are going to become a feeder club for Inter Milan under PIF’s ownership of both clubs. 

I wonder if Inter want Wood or Cantwell? :lol: they must be keen on Almiron, at least. 

Nah, tried to mellow on it, see it "reasonably" and I just cannot get on board with Wood and Cantwell. Cantwell has nothing about him. Wood is so limiting in how you can play with him. He's goes against everything we've done since Howe came in. We can't base our attacking play on Cambridge, no one else will sit so deep for crosses. 

Cant be giving two rivals money for underperforming players. Cornet is Burnley's main man, not Wood.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah that’s my issue as well, we would have to change our entire play style to accommodate him and I don’t see any positive in that whatsoever 

To accommodate Wood? We had like 20 crosses yesterday.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Some of you are unbearable, mind. Dear me. :lol:

We’ve just signed Trippier. There’ll be other massive signings coming. But surely not every single signing can be that level just yet?

The balance between getting players to keep us up and to improve us long-term is extremely tricky, and it does seem that those at the club are aware of it and are doing their best.

There may have to be some fairly uninspiring signings in this market, I reckon, but if they improve us and play their part in staying up then we’ll be in a great position in summer to go after genuine class.

:clap: