Transfer rumours

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

True, but what was he worth before the loan? Developing and raising a player's value then paying it seems like something that'd annoy Mike tonnes.

That's a good question. Definitely would have got him for less than that I imagine, probably more around the £15 million mark. Easily avoided by inserting an option to make the deal permanent with a fee agreed on ahead of time. No idea why that isn't always included.

Edited by KaKa

4 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce is set to land his second signing of the summer in the form of Leicester City midfielder Hamza Choudhury.

The 23 year-old will add some needed bite into the Newcastle midfield and will sign initially on loan although the move could become a permanent one next summer.

A former England international, Newcastle were close to signing him back in January before an injury crisis forced Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers to put a block on it.

Choudhury has been a long term target of the Newcastle manager and there is frustration it has taken so long to do.

Interestingly, Bruce is also trying to persuade the club to sign at least one more player before the deadline with a centre back the most likely.

Having been on the receiving end of abuse from Newcastle fans during the 2-2 draw against Southampton, Bruce mood has darkened over the weekend as he watched most clubs in the bottom half of the table, including Norwich, Watford, Crystal Palace and Leeds United all make a flurry signings

is the rest of the Telegraph detail 

We're going to lose out on Choudhary and end up with Phil Jones. There is nobody else in consideration.

12 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Elmohamady hasn't signed yet.

I'm amazed this one hasn't happened, especially considering Bruce clearly doesn't rate Manquillo. Presumably only Ashley's cheapness is saving us from a Brucey/Elmo reunion. :lol: Won't pay that 15k a week?

Just now, buzz said:

I'm amazed this one hasn't happened, especially considering Bruce clearly doesn't rate Manquillo. Presumably only Ashley's cheapness is saving us from a Brucey/Elmo reunion. :lol: Won't pay that 15k a week?

Maybe he's been playing Murphy instead of Manquillo to demonstrate just how much we need him. He's been bashing Ashley's door all summer for the final piece of his jigsaw.

1 hour ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Yeah, it indicates a very temporary type of thinking. I suppose for as long as he wants to sell up he's never going to make any big outlays.

Probably taking a punt that we stay up without any outlay, and if it's looking shaky he'll spend a bit in January.

Sunlun-tastic. Worked out well for them, they're flying now. 

All these daft twats on Facebook and twitter complaining about not signing anyone and asking where the money has gone, I bet most of them will be at the next home game, sitting in silence doing absolutely nothing about the way the club is run.

What exactly are they expecting from an Ashley led NUFC? Did they think we'd be signing 2 or 3 players today? Where the fuck have they been the last 14 years?

What has happened this summer is just typical of an Ashley led NUFC yet they'll do absolutely nothing about it the utter cretins.