Transfer rumours

Sterling isn't realistic because I suspect PSG, Juventus, Barca or Real, perhaps even an Arsenal or Chelsea would lure him.

Mahrez being 30 isn't out of the question though. It would cost big money. A big loan fee of 10m plus 30m in the summer might do it.

That said, i just don't think we are going to making big, rash signings in January or spending on names.

Most of our signings will come from abroad, will have decent reputations and will not have the PL tax, which is coming our way.

If we can get a Lingard or Tarkowski, then we will do that but if we get messed around, don't expect us to hang around.

We need signings in the first week of the window, not the last, and that means getting quotes from clubs in December.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Sterling isn't realistic because I suspect PSG, Juventus, Barca or Real, perhaps even an Arsenal or Chelsea would lure him.

Mahrez being 30 isn't out of the question though. It would cost big money. A big loan fee of 10m plus 30m in the summer might do it.

That said, i just don't think we are going to making big, rash signings in January or spending on names.

Most of our signings will come from abroad, will have decent reputations and will not have the PL tax, which is coming our way.

If we can get a Lingard or Tarkowski, then we will do that but if we get messed around, don't expect us to hang around.

We need signings in the first week of the window, not the last, and that means getting quotes from clubs in December.

Sterling isn't realistic purely because of position in the table. We can now easily match any offer PSG/Real/Juventus could give him. There won't be any offer from Barcelona as they can barely afford to keep the lights on at the minute

I think the next transfer window is clearly going to be a firefighting one, taking a small step up with perhaps 1 marquee signing. But given our precarious position and the distinct possibility we go down I don't think we'll go spend thrifty just yet.

11 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

This thread, I think I will ignore till nearer January.   It really should be renamed Media Dont Know Shit thread!

We have had years of absolutely Jack shit happening in this thread, just bask in the glory of it now as anything is a possibility. 

My dream signing would be Luis Diaz from Porto. I know CM for example is more of a priority but we could really use a goal scoring wide player too. 

I want players like him and not the likes of Coutinho or Dembele for example. 

What's all this Dean Henderson talk? For someone that's not been paying much attention to football in general the past couple of years, is he worth all this talk when compared to Dubs? Just seems a strange position for us to be eyeing replacements right now.

Given that only about 1 in 1000 rumours are true, then it's all speculation until closer to January.

If we want to be realistic, then financially no-one is out of reach.  

However...currently we don't have a Director of Football, so anyone linked now would be on Eddie Howe.

Could see James Ward Prowse being fairly realistic.

30 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Lingard will want to go to West Ham, can’t blame him either.

Wonder why his agent was at the Spurs game then. He’ll go where he gets the most game time (and potentially where he’s paid the most.)

1 hour ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

You always want to look at the fringe players, that before others joined, or themselves were good at other clubs are now subs etc.

but also Ross Barkley for me.

Plus any from this list that take your fancy - 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2247219

Interesting to note the HGP (Home Grown Player) rule

Fraser isnt classed as home grown?

Our problem this window will be moving players on to free up a space in the 25 man squad.

We could end up with a few unregistered.

• midds locked this topic