Transfer rumours

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Only seem Phillips against us last year (or the one before?) and though it seemed hilarious how easy Wilson was troubling him. 

Yeah, he's been awful whenever I've seen him too. I guess he's only being linked because Liverpool have said he's probably leaving. (hopefully)

Edited by Shearergol

29 minutes ago, triggs said:

Dummett being 30 is amazing to me :lol:

Dummett being 30 and still a Premier League player is amazing to me.

Fair play to the lad though, he's obviously one of those good pros that managers seem to like

12 hours ago, Raconteur said:

Don't know about adding Mee (32) to Dummett (30), Schar (30 next week), Fernandez (32) and Clark (32)...

Didn't realise Mee was that old....thought he was about24/25

Better than Clark, but don't think he's any better than what we already have.

5 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

Dummett being 30 and still a Premier League player is amazing to me.

Fair play to the lad though, he's obviously one of those good pros that managers seem to like

Wow....still think of Dummett as a youngster coming through the reserves. Didn't realise he's closer to retirement than starting. Sad state of affairs when he's been our only youth player to make it to the premiership for quite literally decades now.

10 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Why would Burnley sell either of their starting CBs to us when we’re in the middle of a relegation fight with them?

I honestly don't think Burnleys owners understand football too well or really care. They'll see money before anything else. Sell enough players to cover the cost of purchase, pay off loans and rebuild in championship. Free club basically. 

22 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Why would Burnley sell either of their starting CBs to us when we’re in the middle of a relegation fight with them?

Tarkowski is out of contract in the summer

The Ben Mee, and Tarkowski link I feel could be a masterstroke, one they already know each other, but the biggest one of all, it's a shrewd move, if we pulled it off it leaves Burnley missing their two first choice Centre Backs.

If that left them scrambling around in January to replace them, it could prove hard, it could potentially relegate them.

Genius, although they're not my ideal defenders, I welcome the idea of it unsettling Burnley. 

11 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

The Ben Mee, and Tarkowski link I feel could be a masterstroke, one they already know each other, but the biggest one of all, it's a shrewd move, if we pulled it off it leaves Burnley missing their two first choice Centre Backs.

If that left them scrambling around in January to replace them, it could prove hard, it could potentially relegate them.

Genius, although they're not my ideal defenders, I welcome the idea of it unsettling Burnley. 

I'm almost certain we'll be signing neither.

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Only genius if they think we're going to sign them and then don't. To be honest, focussing on crippling the fodder around us is small time thinking, we should be looking further up the table to turn players heads. And then ultimately, signing none of them because we've got something better lined up.

I really don’t think that central defensive positions are our number one priority. Obviously we need more quality there, but there are more pressing areas that we should be focusing on especially when you think Tarkowski will cost us quite a large sum without really improving the first 11 drastically. Spend the money on other areas of the pitch first and see how we go

John Stones is one we should be hoying money at. Big loan fee, followed by a summer move.

I don't want us to dwell on any target mind. If clubs start playing silly buggers, move on.

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I really don’t think that central defensive positions are our number one priority. Obviously we need more quality there, but there are more pressing areas that we should be focusing on especially when you think Tarkowski will cost us quite a large sum without really improving the first 11 drastically. Spend the money on other areas of the pitch first and see how we go

Tarkowski would drastically improve our defence.

It's also not an either/or situation. We need multiple players in multiple positions.