Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, sh74 said:

Seen prices of 25m quoted. I know we are supposed to be loaded but 25m for a 32 year old seems extortionate.

Alreet Mike.

12 minutes ago, sh74 said:

Seen prices of 25m quoted. I know we are supposed to be loaded but 25m for a 32 year old seems extortionate.

Jesus. If he was going for anything less we wouldn’t stand a chance of getting him. Great player and exactly what we need in that position imo.

Spending £25 million on him is exactly the type of signing that has me worried that we will panic and waste the money we are allowed to spend under FFP. Don’t get me wrong, he is a top player and will improve the team, but that outlay on a fee and the obviously high wage level is not something we should be doing for a 32 year old defender 

I just hope they have things ready to go for 1st January. So far it's taken them ages to appoint a manager and director of football. Time isn't a luxury we have when it comes to transfers. They need to be instant and ready to go if we are going to be a PL team next season.

1 hour ago, andyc35i said:

Spending £25 million on him is exactly the type of signing that has me worried that we will panic and waste the money we are allowed to spend under FFP. Don’t get me wrong, he is a top player and will improve the team, but that outlay on a fee and the obviously high wage level is not something we should be doing for a 32 year old defender 

You don’t need to worry about the money available under FPP. You should worry for the number and type of players who is willing to join us at this moment.

Trippier signing would obviously be a bit of both good and bad. On the bad, he’s obviously not someone who has a future 3-5 years down the track. On the good, he’s a top level player who is willing to join a team currently 19th in the Premier League. I’d 100% take him. 

Trippier would be a great signing. fwiw, the wonder freekick in the semi against Croatia is the only time he's scored for England.

Yes, there are lots of star young full backs now, TAA, Reece James etc. but Azpilicueta, Marcus Alonso, Kyle Walker are still doing it at top level at 31/32.

7 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I just hope they have things ready to go for 1st January. So far it's taken them ages to appoint a manager and director of football. Time isn't a luxury we have when it comes to transfers. They need to be instant and ready to go if we are going to be a PL team next season.

I would fancy our chances if with 17/18 games to go we had three top quality signings in the first 11 ready go, but I just can’t see it. Ideally we’d have to win at least half of those remaining games to survive and need new bodies in straightaway to improve the quality of the team and give everyone another lift.

I'd never spend that much on a 31 year old full back and it would also set a ridiculous precedent to other clubs for what they can ask for their players. I'm getting strong Bosingwa vibes on this one.

Just now, Conjo said:

I'd never spend that much on a 31 year old full back and it would also set a ridiculous precedent to other clubs for what they can ask for their players. I'm getting strong Bosingwa vibes on this one.

How much has been quoted ?

Just now, LV said:

How much did we spend on Willock? I’d certainly pay the same for Trippier in this market. 

Can't really compare them since Willock has at least 10 years left to play at the top level while Trippier has maybe 2 good seasons left in him unless he's some physical anomaly.