Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United (23/10/21)

BlueStar

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Give it to ASM has provided two good counter attacking opportunities which ASM has fucked up. Harsh on the lad but he needs to get his head in place.

This is our problem, we create so little that our best outlets in ASM and Wilson have to deliver on the little moments they actually have that are threatening. That ASM pass that split the defence was a good moment, but over hit.

Edited by hakka
Poo willy bum

Think we should have started Almiron and kept Fraser as a sub. He would have offered some goal threat coming off the bench, Almiron is more suited to grafting for the first hour when more running is required. 

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

We're fucking shit, aren't we?

Maybe it was Jones making Bruce look bad, not the other way round. :lol: 

What?! Did you miss all the nonsense Bruce did before he came in, it was only 2 and a half years of games! :lol:

The main improvement I've seen so far is we seem to be actually closing down the opposition a lot more defensively compared to previous matches (though that should be one of the basics anyway).

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Are we allowed to say you can't change things overnight and it'll take time? 

Not really because we have changed, pretty much overnight. Still plenty of work to be done, but there is an intent, and intensity that was lacking.

Just like Bruce benefited from inheriting a Rafa team in his early days, it will take time to reverse the damage Bruce had done to this team. At least I see the team playing with more purpose, even if the lack of quality and cohesion is apparent.

New manager will have a huge rebuilding job on his hands.

Edited by LRD

Have faith lads, we are preserving our energy for the second half. Bruce has run down the squad fitness so Jones is trying to manage our energy over 90 mins is how I choose to interpret it!

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Have faith lads, we are preserving our energy for the second half. Bruce has run down the squad fitness so Jones is trying to manage our energy over 90 mins is how I choose to interpret it!

Exactly. The only potential problem is when we realize every other team in the league is conditioned to play at a high level throughout the game and palace won't tire.