Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United (23/10/21)

BlueStar

That was terrible, even worse for me. The shit defending without the mad ASM runs and threat - lucky CP were rubbish at finishing. Good on Wilson as always. Good point!

Was weird how commentators didn't mention foul til it went to VAR, was blatant. 

Edited by Inferior Acuña

1 minute ago, thomas said:

var as MOTM perhaps a controversial decision but I'm here for it.

Nah not controversial at all, he almost had his shirt off.

Good result on the balance of the game, thought we might snatch it late as Palace were really rattled after the VAR.

Positives:

We scored

We didn’t lose

We drew

VAR

Overhead kick

The rest: Fucking awful

But, well yur know, wur can build on this… maybe?

Not sure we deserved the point there.  Palace outplayed us for most of the game and it was only the last few minutes when we apparently decided the game was winnable and started attacking, at which point they looked panicked.

Still no wins.  Still dreadful possession stats.  Still pathetic passing.  Hopefully a week full of actual training and preparation will start to make the team look a bit better.

As shit as we played, we’d have been absolutely smashed by Palace under Bruce. This cant continue any longer though and again, even with a decent manager coming in, I fear we will still go down. That was as rancid as we’ve ever played since I’ve been following us in terms of on the ball. 

Edited by HTT II