Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United (23/10/21)

BlueStar

no matter where else we strengthen, if we dont get 2 or even 3 decent central midfielders in january we are fucked.

they completly walked through us today but that also had to do with that obsession of playing just 2 in midfield.

ASM still in a huff over his mate getting sacked.

at least we made a couple of positive substitutions before it was too late. nice change.

Edited by huss9

11 minutes ago, huss9 said:

no matter where else we strengthen, if we dont get 2 or even 3 decent central midfielders in january we are fucked.

they completly walked through us today but that also had to do with that obsession of playing just 2 in midfield.

ASM still in a huff over his mate getting sacked.

at least we made a couple of positive substitutions before it was too late. nice change.

That really pissed me off today.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

That really pissed me off today.

ASM is going to have to grow up, this is where he can decide whether he would rather be a flash individual in a struggling team, or be a team player in a successful one. There are no successful one man band teams. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

ASM is going to have to grow up, this is where he can decide whether he would rather be a flash individual in a struggling team, or be a team player in a successful one. There are no successful one man band teams. 

Thought his effort today was disgusting. He crows on how much he loves playing for the fans, then fucking at least give the effort for those fans. Everyone has poor games, but today he looked like he didn't give a shit.

Edited by et tu brute

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Thought his effort today was disgusting. He crows on how much he loves playing for the fans, then fucking at least give the effort for those fans. Everyone has poor games, but today he looked like he didn't give a shit.

I didn't watch the game so can't really comment on his effort today, but his ability to beat a man at will is something of a double edged sword. It can open up teams from nothing which is great when it comes off, or he can end up running into trouble and losing possession needlessly when he holds it too long. He's actually been pretty good at releasing it in a lot of games so he's a rare talent, but at the same time, he still needs to be a bit more intelligent if he wants to become the best version of himself. He also needs to turn up to training on time. 

5 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Didn't see the game - was there any signs of improvement or nah?

None. We conceded possession and so many clear cut chances. There was no attacking intent and we were simply set up to play the counter attack which didn’t work from minute one. The positive is that at least Jones has identified that we are so bad on the ball and wants to work on that

6 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Didn't see the game - was there any signs of improvement or nah?

Nah. Usual bad. Negative lineup, very much bruce style. We had a Lucky goal from corner and benteke looked like a class player. 

4 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

None. We conceded possession and so many clear cut chances. There was no attacking intent and we were simply set up to play the counter attack which didn’t work from minute one. The positive is that at least Jones has identified that we are so bad on the ball and wants to work on that

3 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Nah. Usual bad. Negative lineup, very much bruce style. We had a Lucky goal from corner and benteke looked like a class player. 

Christ :lol:

Nothing changes overnight obviously but I thought with the stench of Bruce lifted from the team some of the players might crack on but apparently not.

At least we've only got Chelsea next :crazy2:

14 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Christ :lol:

Nothing changes overnight obviously but I thought with the stench of Bruce lifted from the team some of the players might crack on but apparently not.

At least we've only got Chelsea next :crazy2:

Dont think the current coaches are any better than bruce. Remember carver was SBR nr 2. Didnt make him a good manager

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I thought that ASM might be one of the casualties of the new regime. Up to him of course, he has the talent to be a key part of the new team. 

If he’s going to act up and be lazy, he’s not for us going forward.

6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

If he’s going to act up and be lazy, he’s not for us going forward.

Think he might be tired, bruce didnt spare him. Also think its time he didnt have that free role anymore. Play him as a Winger, and make him work for it. 

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Crystal Palace their ultras their drum and their shit wannabe European  songs. Struggle to find anything as cringeworth6 in the rest of English football put together tbh

One of the few home crowds that generate a bit of atmosphere and support for their team.

Sure youe not just pissed off cos they had a go at us.

Edited by madras

4 minutes ago, madras said:

One of the few home crowds that generate a bit of atmosphere and support for their team.

Sure youe not just pissed off cos they had a go at us.

Nope. Said it about palace before the takeover. That "ultra" section is the most cringeworthy wannabe shit I've ever seen. They barely bring over 1000 up here as well. Proper tinpot