Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United (23/10/21)

BlueStar

10 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Longstaff-Hayden is Championship.  We need a new midfield. 

Bramble-O'Brien isn't a Champions League centre half pairing, but thanks to SBR...
All we need is a good manager.

EDIT : I'm not suggesting L-H is CL quality, just that a better manager will get more out of them.

Edited by Robster

Its not a bad point especially considering Palace look like a very decent side now under Viera & they were unlucky not to beat Arsenal at the emirates. But, and its big one, the people running the club are far too slow in appointing a new manager & dealing with major issues such as sacking Bruce, we need a quality manager now (Favre would be my choice) who is going to start implementing a style of play & bring a new energy to the team. Jones, is a competent assistant but thats it & the players are not going to take too much notice of him, especially the likes of St.Maxim who was really poor today. The tactical set up was very similar to Bruce & I was surprised with that considering if Jones does well here, he could be in the frame to get the job himself at least until the end of the season. He had an opportunity to be bold & stake a claim for the management position, instead it was very Brucesque. 

The new owners need to realise that its all well and good taking your time to appoint the right manager & interviewing many candidates but we dont have that luxury as were in a serious relegation fight & have extremely important fixtures coming up. It may not be the right decision long term but it needs to be quick because this group of players need to understand their positions & careers are on the line now & their not going to feel that with Jones. 

If we get relegated, it would be a disaster, the new owners need to understand the severity of the situation & get the finger out with appointing a new manager. 

3 minutes ago, Robster said:

Bramble-O'Brien isn't a Champions League centre half pairing, but thanks to SBR...
All we need is a good manager.

EDIT : I'm not suggesting L-H is CL quality, just that a better manager will get more out of them.

This.

Longstaff was worth £50m before Bruce got his hands on him.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I do think we where better defensively then we have been in a long while today fwiw.

Aye, which is surprising when you consider the fact that our previous manager spent his whole playing career as a defender.

I does say something about Bruce that Jones has come out and said "We need to be much better in possession and on the ball, and thats what I want to work on while i'm in charge, as there is much to improve" :lol: 

Edited by 54

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I does say something about Bruce that Jones has come out and said "We need to be much in possession and on the ball, and thats what I want to work on while i'm in charge, as there is much to improve" :lol: 

Sleeves are being left unrurled 

Other than a point which was a big point there was nothing at all positive in the performance imo. Palace should have had 5.

Jones selection was awful but he’s not to blame and he’s also not the answer for anymore games after Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Yes it’s not the best, but there’s potential in it and with a decent manager we’ll be way above relegation

Aye, this is the crux of it. 

I think we'll be sound in the end, but the next couple of months aren't going to be pretty. 

41 minutes ago, 54 said:

I does say something about Bruce that Jones has come out and said "We need to be much better in possession and on the ball, and thats what I want to work on while i'm in charge, as there is much to improve" :lol: 

What was he working on in the last 10 months?

By the sounds of things the draw papered over a lot of cracks for some on here. If we'd been beaten 3 or 4 nil though, we could not have complained. They had a goal disallowed that on another day might have stood, they hit the post, Benteke shot wide from about 6 foot out and unmarked, hell they should have scored with only about 20 seconds played. For our part we scored a wonder goal and had a laughably low 25% possession. Twenty. Five. Percent. We didn't compete in any area.

Nothing was good enough today. We need to press better, be higher up the pitch and be better with the ball. It's not just the tactics, which you could argue Jones had little time to do anything about (I'd not buy that either, he's been coaching this team for ages) but the team selection was wank too. Almiron provides an outlet which we desperately lacked in the first 65 minutes, Fraser is dogshit and Schar is our best centre back and Krafth should not be in ahead of him.

Just one against the takeover. Couldn't give a flying fuck what those tinpot cockney cunts have to say about us tbh. Those blokes in all black look like their wives all left them and took the kids and that they boo the knee. Absolute dangers. Them and Parish can fuck off, raging nonces.

First game I have properly watched us in months/years, couldn’t believe how shite we are on the ball. Not sure if it is a confidence thing or just the ability of the players in general but none of our players seem comfortable putting their foot on the ball and retaining possession for a sustained period. 

Every second ball or 50/50 is just headed/booted back into the air by us until inevitably a Palace player brought it down and our whole 11 just retreated back into our half. Was like watching a Sunday league team :lol: could do with Fernandez and Schar being back in the first team, Lascelles and Clark looked a nervous wreck whenever the ball fell their way.