Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United (23/10/21)

BlueStar

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

Nope. Said it about palace before the takeover. That "ultra" section is the most cringeworthy wannabe shit I've ever seen. They barely bring over 1000 up here as well. Proper tinpot

I've no problem with Palace fans (Jordan and Parish, now that's a different matter) and they make for a good atmosphere and back their club well. Seems a bit churlish to have a go.

Just now, madras said:

I've no problem with Palace fans (Jordan and Parish, now that's a different matter) and they make for a good atmosphere and back their club well. Seems a bit churlish to have a go.

Just doesn't work for me. A small English fan base trying to act all European. Laughable really. If newcastle had a load of bellends with a drum wearing black coats and wearing sunglasses under floodlights stood in the gallowgate I'd be saying the same thing. It's artificial as fuck

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, madras said:

They were non existant today.

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well it might just be one of those games, he's had quiet games before. 

He's often most quiet against teams who worry about him enough to mark him tightly and close him down quickly. 

In theory, the team should be able to use this to their advantage by giving the ball to someone else as an outlet if he could use that marking to drag defenders around and create space for others.  I'm not sure that Fraser is that outlet though, he was appalling today.

3 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Never liked Palace since they permanentely crocked Tony Green.  The best creative midfield player i have ever seen in the back and white!!!

My dad's favourite👍

17 minutes ago, Andy said:

Disappointing to see people turning on ASM like, he had a poor game but was isolated. Didn't think he worked any less hard than usual off the ball personally. Just wasn't his day. 

Aye I would find it hard to say a bad word about him when he has carried this team for the last 2 seasons and we may well have been in the championship now without him.

Watching the match replay on Sky right now, and it's nowhere near as bad as those on the match thread were making out. We look like we have reverted to the Mighty Rafa formation and look pretty solid in the first 30 mins or so. 

Edited by TRon

33 minutes ago, TRon said:

Watching the match replay on Sky right now, and it's nowhere near as bad as those on the match thread were making out. We look like we have reverted to the Mighty Rafa formation and look pretty solid in the first 30 mins or so. 

What? Completely diabolical performance. They're Crystal Palace, not Bayern Munich. Deserved absolutely nothing today.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

And that twitter post will be the beginning of the end for maximin. Pathetic.

What post? Him talking about Bruce?!

Howay man - I've got no time for Bruce and think the hysteria about how badly treated he was is mental, but ASM had his own experience with the guy and is perfectly entitled to like him.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Personally, I find Palace quite likeable and their crowd too.

I think it's a tad uncomfortable that we have to accept and to some degree, agree, with what's being levelled at us in that particular demonstration. However, it does (rather conveniently) over simplify an issue where many contributory factors lead to the decision to make that demonstration.

I think we, as Newcastle fans should be properly represented in this debate, and fans of other clubs should also accept counter-criticism if they want to make such stances. That'd be my main issue here. We're not being heard.

Didn’t get a chance to watch the match but having Willock, Miggy, and Schar starting on the bench is criminal. Something I thought might’ve changed after Bruce left. Those are three of the six or seven dudes we need to be building the team around. 

Edited by cubaricho

4 hours ago, Andy said:

Disappointing to see people turning on ASM like, he had a poor game but was isolated. Didn't think he worked any less hard than usual off the ball personally. Just wasn't his day. 

Combination of it just not being his best position essentially playing as a striker and Viera making sure there was no space for him and marked well.

18 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Didn’t get a chance to watch the match but having Willock, Miggy, and Schar starting on the bench is criminal. Something I thought might’ve changed after Bruce left. Those are three of the six or seven dudes we need to be building the team around. 

Especially with Krath playing ahead of Schar. Makes you think something's gone on with with him behind the scenes, the way he's been frozen out.

16 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

Especially with Krath playing ahead of Schar. Makes you think something's gone on with with him behind the scenes, the way he's been frozen out.

Perhaps. More likely, Bruce and co. are just idiots.

Edited by gazza ladra

Watching motd. Them palace fans man 😂😂😂😂😂 cant be for real ffs. Cant wait til they fuck off off to the championship and stay there. They'll be back down to sub 10k attendances within 5 year. Pathetic club

12 minutes ago, jack j said:

Watching motd. Them palace fans man 😂😂😂😂😂 cant be for real ffs. Cant wait til they fuck off off to the championship and stay there. They'll be back down to sub 10k attendances within 5 year. Pathetic club

It’s orchestrated to fuck , I personally don’t like it and again have no beef even with the banner, they are entitled to their opinion but as I’ve said before all this I’ll feeling towards us will die down like it did with Man City , just gotta suck it up and just smile back at them , reminding them we have  the richest owners on the planet [emoji38]

28 minutes ago, jack j said:

I like Palace to be honest. Their fan base is is pretty sound, especially on twitter and the atmosphere is always decent. As a club they’ve invested heavily in their youth set-up and tend to move for young exciting players. It’s everything we should have been doing under Ashley to try and bridge the gap to the top 10 teams. They’ve had a solid plan and you’ve got to respect that.