Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United (23/10/21)

BlueStar

Just now, Decky said:

We haven’t a hope in this have we? This team is utter dog shit. 

We won most of our games over the last few season like this tbf. Don't concede, then get a winner in the second half. 

We certainly look more organized but the price we’ve paid for that organization is that we’re treating Crystal Palace like vintage Barcelona. 11 behind the ball, carrying no threat other than an occasional counter attack, not a treat to watch, that’s for sure.

5 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Not sure what you lot are watching but there’s a huge difference in a few days.

might lose, but they look like they know what they’re doing 

3 at back and benteke gets free header. Pretty organised

Just now, nortoon said:

Milivojevic again with a clear yellow not given. :)

Theoretically I should be against players going down but fuck me, if you’re not going to penalise players if the player fouled doesn’t go down what is the point?

1 minute ago, Memphis said:

We certainly look more organized but the price we’ve paid for that organization is that we’re treating Crystal Palace like vintage Barcelona. 11 behind the ball, carrying no threat other than an occasional counter attack, not a treat to watch, that’s for sure.

I think it's more a case of CP treating us like contemporary Norwich. We've done well to limit their actual opportunities. I think we'll be too fucked to win this in the second half, but the progress is there to be seen.

I really hope whomever our new manager is, drills the team on how to collectively press the ball. So frustrating to see the team back off until the ball is outside of our box, and then one and one player press the ball.