Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United (23/10/21)

BlueStar

Can’t comprehend how people expect us to suddenly look like prime Barca after three fucking days :lol: 

We’ve been fine. We look much more organised and have limited Palace to half chances. 

We’re well in the game and have every chance of getting something. 3 days ago this would’ve been a comprehensive defeat.

Just now, Memphis said:

Though it’s not a joy to watch, I think our football is at least organized and there is a clear tactical plan that is being followed. That’s a credit to Jones. Already miles ahead of Bruce there. 

But this half is a clear wake up call about the shocking level of play and talent we currently have. PIF will have no doubts as to the scale of the upgrades needed.

The thing is with Jones being English, and with us being second bottom at the minute, it's quite typical we've come out setup like this really.

The standard mindset in this country is to close up and keep things tight if a team is struggling in the league. And so even if it isn't necessarily his ethos per se it's really what we should have expected in hindsight. 

Considering how bad we were going forwards, I can only assume that Jones is trying to get Bruce his job back. 

Absolutely woeful.

Defence was just about OK, but we just cannot move the ball forwards at all. I think part of that problem is that although I say the defence was just about OK, we don't press at all and just sit really deep and let them have the ball in front of us. This means when we get the ball back everyone is in our 18 yard box and we can't move forward, it's too congested, so we just boot it away and lose it again.

We need to get forward and press when they're in possession, so we're in a better position to create an attack if we win the ball back.

We really are dreadful on the ball, Ritchie, Fraser, Kraft, Hayden and Longstaff have all just given the ball away for free at some point.

We have been only slightly less dreadful than the referee. I count 3 and a half yellow cards for Milivojevic he has just ignored.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Can’t comprehend how people expect us to suddenly look like prime Barca after three fucking days :lol: 

We’ve been fine. We look much more organised and have limited Palace to half chances. 

We’re well in the game and have every chance of getting something. 3 days ago this would’ve been a comprehensive defeat.

Aye, i don't want to say "unrealistic expectations", but you know. :lol:

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

This 

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Lads, make sure every observant comment is caveated with the fact you are aware that there are changes ahead. Some are wetting themselves because they think we don't know this. 

This is weird