Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United (23/10/21)

BlueStar

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, hakka said:

Palace should have scored the Benteke header and I've only seen half of that half :lol:

That's the only chance they've had really.

Need to get a proper manager and coaching staff asap and bin Jones and co. That first half showed me exactly what I’ve been saying for weeks, that Jones is just as much part of the problem. That was total wank, absolutely no plan whatsoever in the attacking third. 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Just wondered what your views were on ASM? I’m picking up you might not be a fan.

The guy as bags of talent, but absolutely no personal responsibility, loses the ball and makes absolutely no effort to try to win it back, I could actually say that about the majority of the team though 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Need to get a proper manager and coaching staff asap and bin Jones and co. That first half showed me exactly what I’ve been saying for weeks, that Jones is just as much part of the problem. That was total wank, absolutely no plan whatsoever in the attacking third. 

I was just going but that deserves sooooo much :lol: 

ASM has let down Jones in that first half. He has inherited a team that have been instructed in one tactic, get it to ASM. It has served us well in attack, and there was no real demand to focus on changing that. But he has been lethargic and unfocussed and has at least twice cost us the opportunity to take a lead that might have relaxed the players.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

We played like this a full two and a half years before he ever showed up.

Think he's now just trying to grind out results in the interim time he is in charge because we are in such a precarious position, and because we are playing a very energetic and explosive Palace side.

3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

We've looked more organised at the back, thats always got to be the starting point I guess.

Shame we can't string two passes together.

This is the key. We can't keep hold of the ball so invite the pressure on. Palace are nowt special, but if you let any team have 75% possession they will create chances.

Suffering Long Bruce

Edited by Klaus

Might just be worth dropping ASM in behind Wilson, rather than playing them as a flat pair. Would effectively create a diamond and possibly allow us to string a pass or two together, while allowing him to run from deep rather than receiving so much with his back to goal.

11 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Ah yes, the commonly utilized 2 subs at half time routine when things aren't going well. You should put some money on it happening.

Do you suggest leaving it as it is? [emoji38]