Newcastle United vs. Chelsea: 30/10/21 @ 3pm (No TV)

Just a heads up for those unaware there will be around a dozen of us from the forum out in town before during and especially after this game. All welcome if you want to come and say Hello. We don’t bite 🙂

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Just a heads up for those unaware there will be around a dozen of us from the forum out in town before during and especially after this game. All welcome if you want to come and say Hello. We don’t bite 🙂

I'll be out after the match. :thup:

Nee Beehive though. :lol:

7 hours ago, LFEE said:

Where you meeting ? 

My mate can’t make it so got his season ticket in the Platinum Club on Sat. Going to feel so weird going to match without feeling a bit of guilt like. Will also be weird not taking a positive out of the defeat, “fuck you Pardew/Bruce” etc. :lol:

Shame we won’t have a new gaffa but I can’t wait regardless. 

34 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

My mate can’t make it so got his season ticket in the Platinum Club on Sat. Going to feel so weird going to match without feeling a bit of guilt like. Will also be weird not taking a positive out of the defeat, “fuck you Pardew/Bruce” etc. :lol:

Shame we won’t have a new gaffa but I can’t wait regardless. 

Caring about the results is very hard :lol:

I would go for a 5-3-2:

------------------Dubs (if fit?)---------------------

Murphy-----Fede----Lascelles------Clark-------Manquillo

-------almiron-----hayden---------longstaff--------

----------------Wilson-------ASM--------------

Depending on the state of play: Willock & Fraser to come on for longstaff/ASM and a bit of energy boost in the last 30.

28 minutes ago, buzza said:

I would go for a 5-3-2:

------------------Dubs (if fit?)---------------------

Murphy-----Fede----Lascelles------Clark-------Manquillo

-------almiron-----hayden---------longstaff--------

----------------Wilson-------ASM--------------

Depending on the state of play: Willock & Fraser to come on for longstaff/ASM and a bit of energy boost in the last 30.

Schär for Clark needed. Our central midfield is awful, has to be said again.

I'd bench ASM for this. We'll need all 11 players busting a gut and not sure he has that in him.

Keep it tight until 60th min, either drawing or only 1 behind (wishful thinking) and bring him on at that point.

I'd be going something like:

Dubravka (if fit)

RB: Manquilllo

CB: Schar

CB: Lascelles

LB: Lewis (sick of Ritchie who is constantly running through treacle)

RM: Fraser

CM: Hayden (holding)

CM: Willock

LM: Joelinton (Chelsea are a big team, his physicality will help at set pieces)

AM: Miggy

CF: Wilson 

4-4-1-1

Could pick Murphy instead of Joelinton and play Fraser on the left. But I've gone for a team that has mobility and can get around the pitch. If Ritchie plays LWB then Reece James will have him on toast. Same with Kante and Longstaff/Shelvey, they won't get close to him.

10 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I'd bench ASM for this. We'll need all 11 players busting a gut and not sure he has that in him.

Keep it tight until 60th min, either drawing or only 1 behind (wishful thinking) and bring him on at that point.

I'd be going something like:

Dubravka (if fit)

RB: Manquilllo

CB: Schar

CB: Lascelles

LB: Lewis (sick of Ritchie who is constantly running through treacle)

RM: Fraser

CM: Hayden (holding)

CM: Willock

LM: Joelinton (Chelsea are a big team, his physicality will help at set pieces)

AM: Miggy

CF: Wilson 

4-4-1-1

Could pick Murphy instead of Joelinton and play Fraser on the left. But I've gone for a team that has mobility and can get around the pitch. If Ritchie plays LWB then Reece James will have him on toast. Same with Kante and Longstaff/Shelvey, they won't get close to him.

Looks awful that.

21 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Haven't we got a good home record against Chelsea?

This will be the first time in 2 years that I want us to do well.

After 70 years of living and breathing NUFC the last 2 years have been so hard to take

It used to feel like we did but the gulf in class and coaching is just too big to expect nothing but a heavy defeat. 0-3

Chelsea's wing backs absolutely murdered Norwich, we need to go like for like 3-4-3 if we're going to try and counter that. 

With no Lukaku, they're missing their focal point and will rely on midfield runners, so I'd imagine we'll opt for a low block to limit space in behind as well. 

Even if we do both well, they're so superior man to man, I can't see anything other than a comfortable Chelsea win, 0-2.

Chelsea might have a bad day. Sure they'll be cock-a-hoop after last week, but that might have a negative effect on them. If we can contain them like we did Palace to a degree, we might be able to nick a surprise draw.

I personally think I would reverse the game plan from last week. Start with the industry of Almiron and save ASM for the charge at the end.

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Chelsea might have a bad day. Sure they'll be cock-a-hoop after last week, but that might have a negative effect on them. If we can contain them like we did Palace to a degree, we might be able to nick a surprise draw.

I personally think I would reverse the game plan from last week. Start with the industry of Almiron and save ASM for the charge at the end.

The charge? What the charge down the tunnel after a 6 - 0 mauling.