Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea (30/10/21)

Disco

I think we could definitely do more, I've been watching Jones constantly reminding the back 3/5 to move up, and push out, but Lascelles seems to be the voice on the pitch keeping everyone sat back. 

Its painful to watch, and yes a point from this will be regarded as a result, but we aren't playing Chelsea here,were just trying to stop them. 

The game needs runners, I'd be tempted to bring both Willock & Miggy on.

Need to at least try here.

Also noted, the players need to realise they do not have time on the ball, it's no wonder we lose possession within 30 seconds of having it, mainly down to players thinking they have so much time on the ball.

Edited by mighty__mag

The way Longstaff just gave up running to a saunter after Rudiger passed him has pissed me off royally. It’s one thing being slower than another player, to just give up entirely and absolve yourself of any responsibility is unforgivable. The sooner he’s shipped out the better.

Lots to consider for second half, some stupid yellow cards.

We miss Joelinton. Never thought I’d say that but it’s true.

Hayden should be brought off as he’s walking a tightrope, you literally could not trust Shelvey or Longstaff to get through a fraction of the work he does though.

Why United players seem afraid of the ball and opponent's players? I count maybe three time our players backing down from 1 on 1 challenge. 

Good result by the way, 0 - 0 against the champion of Europa

PS: just observation not an opinion... pls...

Edited by aa5773

Need to be more on our toes once we get the ball. We're standing still once we get it and the lose it straight away. Absolutely shite once we get it. Solid defensively so far, but can't see us holding on unless we get at least slightly better when in possession. We're putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure. Counter attack and be defensive, yes, no problem. But really need to be better once we get it. Most of all quicker on the ball.. 

Edited by Ikon

Jones has done a good job on stopping a rampant Chelsea tbh. It's not been pretty but we have fresh subs that could offer something more up front, expect to see Willock and Almiron 2nd half, hopefully we can ride the early Chelsea wave and expand later on in the game.

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well the players on the pitch are getting a result, despite not taking your selection or tactical advice.

What more do you want? Did you expect a win today? 

A reminder we’ve not won a game all season, the current caretaker has had 8 days with the players and we’re playing the team top of the league who won their last game 7-0. 

No, 0-0 is great in itself. But it's shit to watch (which of course is less important) and we're relying massively on luck to be where we're at. It's not a sustainable way of playing or getting results.

Edited by Chris_R

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

If you think we can hold out like that for 90 mins your deluded, we will concede within 10 mins of the restart 

I was honestly expecting us getting smashed within the first 25 :lol:. But you are correct in the sense that we won't be able to keep on the same, changes is needed in the offensive game and one can only hope that the coaches have an idea.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

The way Longstaff just gave up running to a saunter after Rudiger passed him has pissed me off royally. It’s one thing being slower than another player, to just give up entirely and absolve yourself of any responsibility is unforgivable. The sooner he’s shipped out the better.

Lots to consider for second half, some stupid yellow cards.

We miss Joelinton. Never thought I’d say that but it’s true.

Hayden should be brought off as he’s walking a tightrope, you literally could not trust Shelvey or Longstaff to get through a fraction of the work he does though.

This ^^^ ASM also has a habit of doing it as well, boils you piss when players can’t be arsed to chase the ball. If people love ASM they want to hope Rafa doesn’t come back as there is no chance he gets in the side with that attitude 

If the sum total of his interm managership is a point away to Palace and a home draw against Chelsea (i'm pessimistic about those chances though tbh), I'd consider it a raging success even if the performances looked like lokimeals brought to life.

1 minute ago, aa5773 said:

Why United players seem afraid of the ball and opponent's players? I count maybe three time our players backing down from 1 on 1 challenge. 

Good result by the way, 0 - 0 against the champion of Europa

If you'd been a fan for longer than two weeks you'd understand. Hopefully you will never be blessed with this revelatory life experience.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well the players on the pitch are getting a result, despite not taking your selection or tactical advice.

What more do you want? Did you expect a win today? 

A reminder we’ve not won a game all season, the current caretaker has had 8 days with the players and we’re playing the team top of the league who won their last game 7-0. 

What we do want is to park the "buss" and not play with to strikers, which have left Wilson having to play as a offensive midfielder for large periode of the first half. I would want us to try counter attacking when we have the chance, and if we are playing with two strikers then we need Joelinton on to win the headers. I hope this is the last time we see ASM as a free role striker, and move him back to a Winger. Also we need Almiron who is our only athlete atm. 

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

No, 0-0 is great in itself. But it's shit to watch (which of course is less important) and we're relying massively on luck to be where we're at. It's not a sustainable way of playing or getting results.

Doesn't have to be. If we get a draw today [I know] that's two points towards January that we could never have reasonably expected.