Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea (30/10/21)

Disco

We were always going to park the bus against Chelsea and it’s the right tactic given where we are, but leaving Almiron on the bench means we have limited pace on the counter. That means we’re parking the bus with no desire to win the game, which Rafa wouldn’t do

2 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

You’re criticising them after 8 days :lol:

I'm criticising Jones, yes, I am.

He's picked the wrong team and sent them out to just camp in their own box for 90 minutes. That's deserving of criticism.

Just now, LRD said:

Need his pace and running to peg them back a bit.

While shit, Fraser is at least helping Ritchie. Manquillo is often doubled up alot of the time. 

Almiron and willock are needed. Think we will get both but will also likely get shelvey.

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

We were always going to park the bus against Chelsea and it’s the right tactic given where we are, but leaving Almiron on the bench means we have limited pace on the counter. That means we’re parking the bus with no desire to win the game, which Rafa wouldn’t do

Never heard of game management? We play all our best players and what, take the lead in the first 20 mins? and that's game over, is it? They'd hammer us 7-1. If we can improve on last game, and keep these goalless until the 65th minute, who knows?

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

I'm criticising Jones, yes, I am.

He's picked the wrong team and sent them out to just camp in their own box for 90 minutes. That's deserving of criticism.

Thomson Mouse absolutely adores Jones for some reason.

Just caught up with the whining about the team picked in the other thread. Maybe seeing the way they train influences who Jones picks or is that a concept too far for most people? We have a shit squad that has been badly coached under Bruce and Jones is doing the only thing he can which is make us difficult to beat while conceding possession. Rafa who most people want back here did exactly the same. Anybody thinking we are suddenly going to become some coherent attacking possession based team with the players we have especially in midfield knows fuck all about football.