Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United: 06/11/21 @ 5.30pm (BT)

3 hours ago, GWN said:

We will get much of the same mate , it’s bedded into them to sit back , shuffle and then try and get ASM to do something, we have no width and no bite in midfield .The players are told drop to the 30 yard out area and then run up to opponents and close lines down .

Its football born out of no confidence, no plan , all sent out to get a 0-0 

We will do the same against Brighton, Brighton ffs .

I wonder how much is due to the lack of on-field leadership? Seemed to me there were times Jones was instructing them to move up, but Lascelles was having them hang back and off.

Good pressing requires good on-field leadership to instruct players where and when to press. Our organisers are for shit.

2 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I wonder how much is due to the lack of on-field leadership? Seemed to me there were times Jones was instructing them to move up, but Lascelles was having them hang back and off.

Good pressing requires good on-field leadership to instruct players where and when to press. Our organisers are for shit.

Yet he wouldn’t ever drop Lascelles, if he can’t see it mate he needs shot to shit.

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Totally missed this from Jones lol

"I really like Feddy as a defender, but I didn’t see any value in putting him on the bench. If you’re winning, you’re not going to put him on, and if you’re losing, you’re not going to put him on. Feddy needs to start – or not. So it’s the same reason as I left him out of the 20 at Palace. It’s the same reason, as the boys did well.”

That’s dumb. What if your starting centre back gets injured? 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

"I really like Feddy as a defender, but I didn’t see any value in putting him on the bench. If you’re winning, you’re not going to put him on, and if you’re losing, you’re not going to put him on. Feddy needs to start – or not. So it’s the same reason as I left him out of the 20 at Palace. It’s the same reason, as the boys did well.”

Then why have any defender on the bench ffs.

24 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yes that for me is why the guy should never be allowed a managers gig, let alone be training. Total Brucespeak bollox right there! 

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

[emoji38] Aye, I keep going back to it. It’s up there with the thickest shit spouted from any of our other managerial weirdo’s 

23 hours ago, reefatoon said:

[emoji38] Aye, I keep going back to it. It’s up there with the thickest shit spouted from any of our other managerial weirdo’s 

It takes Pardspeak to a whole other level of “wordsmithery” I keep reading it slowly and poof my minds blown, each and every time. Like WTF is this shit? 🤯

:yao:

It'll be the same team as the last few games but with Almiron being played out of position to replace Fraser who's been played out of position. Howe will be spewing in the stands watching the pure football terrorism that is Jonesball.

If Jones starts Darlow in goal he fuck off the end of Brighton pier, last season told those with working eyes, everything they needed to know when Bruce hesitated on the same change.

Dubs is our best GK, play him, it really is that simple. And while we're at it Jones, you half wit. For Schar and Fernandez not to be part of a back three is fucking mental, you tit.

Edited by Bimpy474

2 hours ago, Bimpy474 said:

If Jones starts Darlow in goal he fuck off the end of Brighton pier, last season told those with working eyes, everything they needed to know when Bruce hesitated on the same change.

Dubs is our best GK, play him, it really is that simple. And while we're at it Jones, you half wit. For Schar and Fernandez not to be part of a back three is fucking mental, you tit.

Be unchanged 

He said last weekend dubs, while cleared and training wasn't match fit and probably wouldn't be until after the international break which is when they will assess him again.

Still, hoping he starts ahead of Darlow. He just instills more confidence and leadership in players.

Think Almiron and Willock wil come in though. 

10 hours ago, toontownman said:

Willock reacting late to the Emery news 

gallery045.jpg

And Howe coming instead..

Physically Beg Jow has everything to be a fantastic striker.  He's big enough to win headers but not so big he's a carthorse, strong enough to hold defenders off but small enough to be nimble and maintain mobility, quick enough to get into scoring positions.  Crying shame he's got no talent.