Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 1 Newcastle United (06/11/21)

BlueStar

Just now, PeepShow4life said:

All Howe to do is drop Shelvey and I'd immediately love him.

I don't think he will, I think we will play with an extra man in midfield to compensate as he’s still our best passer of the ball, no doubt he will be replaced in Jan though 

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

He could do a felliani type role with his physique. Doesn't need to be great at passing or shooting for it either 

Very interesting shout and comparison. He'd need some work in the gym on his core strength though, as his balance seems terrible.

Fellaini was exceptional in bringing the ball under control and holding people off. Was really strong on the ball.

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I just don't see how they can have the rules set up in such a way that what the keeper did is actually definitely the right thing to do, and gave them an advantage, not us.

Could make red cards also give away a penalty if a certain amount of time is left, like after 75th minute or something (regardless of where the offence occurred). Less of shit calls being a factor with VAR involved too.

Fuck knows, completely agree it doesn't feel fair the way things are now though.

1 minute ago, PeepShow4life said:

All Howe to do is drop Shelvey and I'd immediately love him.

Games like the second half are perfect for shelvey. Lots of space and time to actually impact a game. Shame that rarely happens and he is fucking liability for the rest. 

Can't wait til he goes but get the feeling this isn't the last of him for us just yet.

Guest neesy111
15 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I just don't see how they can have the rules set up in such a way that what the keeper did is actually definitely the right thing to do, and gave them an advantage, not us.

Load of shite this.  All sports have fouls and rules that you use to your advantage.

The rest of the season is going to be a rollercoaster of emotions but at least now I'll give a shit again. I'm all aboard the Eddie train and keeping everything crossed for good fortune (with our new fortunes)

Onwards and upwards, let's hope the break can light some fires under their arses 

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Could make red cards also give away a penalty if a certain amount of time is left, like after 75th minute or something (regardless of where the offence occurred). Less of shit calls being a factor with VAR involved too.

Fuck knows, completely agree it doesn't feel fair the way things are now though.

Should definitely be more than just a red when basically 1 kick away from a goal. Not like he still had to go on and beat the keeper. Just feel robbed 

There could have been a very interesting/controversial situation in the game then, had any Brighton player gone off with concussion there would have been nothing stoping Brighton bringing a goalkeeper on as their 4th sub

(as far as I am aware)

2 minutes ago, Willow said:

The rest of the season is going to be a rollercoaster of emotions but at least now I'll give a shit again. I'm all aboard the Eddie train and keeping everything crossed for good fortune (with our new fortunes)

Onwards and upwards, let's hope the break can light some fires under their arses 

Really enjoyed that game, its strange caring again 

Reminiscent of Solskjaer taking Rob Lee out all them years ago at OT to stop us winning.

Nowt you can do though and it’s a big point for us. Gap down to 5 let’s hope Leicester do us a favour tomorrow.

Still on course to be within at leat 6 points of safety come Jan at worst, which we’ll be able to turn around. I actually think it’ll be less, hopefully for once we get the new manager bounce at just the right time.

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Can see Brighton plummeting like a stone down the table tbh. Thought they were pretty poor, granted I know we drag teams down to our level sometimes. 

They'll do exactly the same they do every year. Potter will get an average team playing well but they'll struggle for goals and finish 14th/15th

17 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I don't think he will, I think we will play with an extra man in midfield to compensate as he’s still our best passer of the ball, no doubt he will be replaced in Jan though 

Is he fuck.  He gives the ball away with his passing half the time and that's just with his short passing, his long-range passing has completely gone to shit and he rarely finds a team mate.

He sits far too deep so when we do get the ball to the midfielders he's so far back he's in line with the centre backs which leaves us hoofing the ball up the pitch and losing possession every fucking time.

He's fucking woeful.

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

They'll do exactly the same they do every year. Potter will get an average team playing well but they'll struggle for goals and finish 14th/15th

Nah, they'll finish top 10 this season.

That's the worst they've played all season tbh.

2 minutes ago, ikri said:

Is he fuck.  He gives the ball away with his passing half the time and that's just with his short passing, his long-range passing has completely gone to shit and he rarely finds a team mate.

He sits far too deep so when we do get the ball to the midfielders he's so far back he's in line with the centre backs which leaves us hoofing the ball up the pitch and losing possession every fucking time.

He's fucking woeful.

Sadly as bad as he is that doesn’t change that he is our best passer of the ball. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

To be honest Schar runs him close and could play in the back three anyway so hopefully some fresh ideas will change things

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Thought Almiron was so poor

He's regressed big time, honestly don't mind seeing him on the bench or even shipped out if he stays like this. Hope Howe can bring his old form out of him, when he wasn't scoring at least he was massively contributing to our attacking play. Now he's about as a blunt as a paper knife.

Edited by Amir_9