Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 1 Newcastle United (06/11/21)

BlueStar

We are by far the worst team in the Premier. Must be a joy to play against. Can't put more than 4 passes together and other team look dangerous every time we have the ball. Wilson and Saint must be sick af.

Defence and midfield playing too deep, no pressing as a team until the very end of the half, why not from the very start? Playing three at the back instead of a back four. Poor selections in Lascelles, Clark, Kraft, Ritchie and Shelvey. Yes our position is due to Ashley and Bruce but Jones hasn’t covered himself in glory.

Just now, STM said:

It's imput like that which makes me wonder whether some people know anything about football.

Eddie Howe literally sits in the stand and he's at fault for our performance, despite never even signing on the dotted line.

Well there was some scribble about him offering input to Jones. Hence the big _if_

1 minute ago, duo said:

If I was Howe I'd be planning for the Championship after watching that 👀 

I’d be telling our new owners, nah sorry, fuck that shit!

Players, coaches and managers are all fucking petrified of doing anything. The mismanagement and incompetence is still coursing through the veins of the whole fucking lot of them. Frightened to have a go as they know they're not organised enough to cope with the results. It needs completely ripping apart, fuck it. 

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

i joke a lot but seriously anyone frothing at the mouth that things weren't instantly much better needs their head examined. jones isn't a world class manager able to change things in 2 weeks. we're going to improve but it will be gradual and not overnight. get a fucking grip lads.

edit: yes, the performance is underwhelming but the absolutely cringeworthy whinging way over the top.

There's absolutely no excuse for performing like that. None whatsoever. This was a vital game, and it's like they've just turned up for a kick about at the park.

Just now, worthy said:

Well there was some scribble about him offering input to Jones. Hence the big _if_

Even if he's scribbled something down, he hasn't even taken a training session. It's mindless horseshit of the highest order.

Who would have thought that playing 3 defensive clogger centre backs and two deep lying midfielders would result in a thoroughly unambitious performance. 

Pathetic as usual - Howe has some job to do. 

As shit as any of our poor performances in recent memory, but still only 0-1 and that was due to an individual error. 

Take your pick as to which center half to take off, put Willock on, or even Schar in midfield, and give it a go.

Brighton don't look very good, and that's kind of reassuring for us as a team that needs to improve and get points.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Nah lol, professional football players should be able to perform at a bare minimum level. It’s not improved at all, it’s gotten noticeably worse. This isn’t being mad it’s not “much better”. This is literally not even football, they actually aren’t playing basically. May as well have a dog in charge 

This. Excusing Jones because he's "not a manager" is ridiculous.

Jones could tell them to press

Jones could pick a better team and formation

If we got the basics right and at least played the right players in the right places and didn't surrender possession in its entirety, I could accept us "not improving", but we're actually loads worse. It's absolutely basic stuff that a hundred people on here can see who also aren't football managers, so the fact that Jones can't is damning.

At least get beat having a go, not like this.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Exactly, this isn’t training. They are highly paid athletes, the very minimum they can do is pass a ball five yards and run. It’s absolutely criminal how bad this is 

They simply don’t care, that and they are shit and the coaching is and the whole absolute set up. They want shot with shit the lot of them, no energy, no passion, no work ethic, no professionalism, no responsibility or leadership. Honestly, I’m fucking seething here. I see kids at 7/8 years of age weekly show more than this shower of shit in a warm up.

3 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Just showing the penalty again, and it really is a joke of one, it shows how the Brighton lifts his foot and then rather than put i down, he throws himself down. Just a joke.

Yeah, seeing it more I'm more annoyed by it now. It's a yellow card. He's about to put his foot down and chooses to throw himself down instead. Still, we deserve it for being shite.

Edited by Inferior Acuña