Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 1 Newcastle United (06/11/21)

BlueStar

5 minutes ago, SAK said:

Seems to run into a opposition players and get crowded out. Doesn’t have the physicality to hold off opposition.

I'll be amazed if he is still here next season. He just doesn't do enough with the ball. Let's see if Howe can get something out of him, as currently he seems scared shitless every time he gets the ball and finds the simple 10 yard back pass everytime now.

Edited by et tu brute

Looking through the lens of knowing we were an absolutely appalling, broken team, I was fairly enthused by that second half and - with the new manager looking on - feel like there's promising times ahead. It'll take some work but the talent is there and apparently some spirit too. But it needs an extremely capable sculpter. 

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I’m hopeful we can still get a decent fee for him because I think he’ll be moved on fairly sharpish when the reshuffle begins. Can’t say I’d be disappointed either because I struggle to see how he’ll improve no matter who’s in charge.

Howe has a reputation for improving players . Let's see what happens. I am certainly more confident about coming good than most of the rest the squad.

1 minute ago, gazza ladra said:

Howe has a reputation for improving players . Let's see what happens. I am certainly more confident about coming good than most of the rest the squad.

Yep. We know he has qualities. I’ve certainly not given up on him.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Looking through the lens of knowing we were an absolutely appalling, broken team, I was fairly enthused by that second half and - with the new manager looking on - feel like there's promising times ahead. It'll take some work but the talent is there and apparently some spirit too. But it needs an extremely capable sculpter. 

Definitely something to work with. Guess we already knew that because Rafa did it. 

Big job mind, you can’t really point to any three teams that will finish below us at the moment. 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Very interesting shout and comparison. He'd need some work in the gym on his core strength though, as his balance seems terrible.

Fellaini was exceptional in bringing the ball under control and holding people off. Was really strong on the ball.

Well that's only thing joelintion is remotely competent at. We've seen he can't shoot for toffee...only weaker I've ever seen at shooting was luuk de jong. Doesn't have great intelligence to pick a pass before he gets the ball, but can do the chest control and simple pass

Honestly think Almiron will be the biggest beneficiary of Howe's coaching and philosophy. Judging by the videos, Howe loves wide players with loads of energy back and forward. Miggy can be that guy on the left (still think he's best as a 10).

Almiron has been without a plan for a long time now. Told to just get back and run around a bit and you can really tell. Sometimes, his talent shines through like Man U away, but there's so little structure for him to do that consistently.

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Honestly think Almiron will be the biggest beneficiary of Howe's coaching and philosophy. Judging by the videos, Howe loves wide players with loads of energy back and forward. Miggy can be that guy on the left (still think he's best as a 10).

Almiron has been without a plan for a long time now. Told to just get back and run around a bit and you can really tell. Sometimes, his talent shines through like Man U away, but there's so little structure for him to do that consistently.

I’m sure he suffers because there’s no pattern to our attacks. If we ever have any attacks. 

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

He could do a felliani type role with his physique. Doesn't need to be great at passing or shooting for it either 

Well, that ”role” is quite unique (even strange imo :lol: ) and not one I think Howe would use.