Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 20/11/21 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Watching those training videos, I think people should prepare themselves for Shelvey and Ritchie to start against Brentford. 

Hopefully it won’t take Eddie long to realise Shelvey offers one Hollywood pass a match and that’s it…

Just now, Raconteur said:

Watching those training videos, I think people should prepare themselves for Shelvey and Ritchie to start against Brentford. 

Hopefully it won’t take Eddie long to realise Shelvey offers one Hollywood pass a match and that’s it…

By the time the game comes around, Shelvey will be so knackered from training he’ll have withdrawn from the rest of the season. 

1 minute ago, Raconteur said:

I can't even remember the last time he even supplied a decent one. Seems a long time ago now.

Happy to give them a clean slate. Eddie will see what they are and aren't capable of.

It will be make or break for Jonjo. His passing could be key in our rejuvenation if he decides to put in the graft. Otherwise, the championship beckons.

Richie has earned the right to be a key voice. Whether he still has the legs to start under Howe is another question.

Miggy is the one I'm looking out for. A real shame he's away on international duty.

shame dubs, lewis, miggy and schar are all away.

would have liked them all to be integrated into the new system for brentford.

got a feeling none of them will start until howe has a good week to 10 days training with them.

13 hours ago, huss9 said:

shame dubs, lewis, miggy and schar are all away.

would have liked them all to be integrated into the new system for brentford.

got a feeling none of them will start until howe has a good week to 10 days training with them.

I think you’re right, and while it’s a shame Almiron and Schar won’t get to impress from the off, it’s worth staring the likes of Joelinton or Fernandez who get to work with Howe for ten days.

Dubravka might be a different case as the keeper, god knows Darlow needs replacing.

Lewis, Almiron and Schar are 3 players that should be starting every game. As crazy as it sounds, that might explain why they are often absent. The international break is an opportunity [passed up by Steve Bacon] to work on some thing new, and the something new isn't there.

5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Lewis, Almiron and Schar are 3 players that should be starting every game. As crazy as it sounds, that might explain why they are often absent. The international break is an opportunity [passed up by Steve Bacon] to work on some thing new, and the something new isn't there.

I don’t know about that - Schar has never looked as good in a back four as in a back three, while we were all calling for Lewis to be withdrawn (and he’s been kept out by Ritchie for nigh on a year now). Almiron is a better player than some give credit for, and I’m sure he’ll flourish under Howe, but missing a match or two (after long haul flights) while he gets on board with Howe’s program isn’t a big deal.

Edited by Raconteur

Just now, Raconteur said:

I don’t know about the - Schar has never looked as good in a back four as in a back three, while we were all calling for Lewis to be withdrawn (and he’s been kept out by Ritchie for nigh on a year now). Almiron is a better player than some give home credit for, and I’m sure he’ll flourish under Howe, but missing a match or two (after long haul flights) while he gets on board with Howe’s program isn’t a big deal.

Oh aye. I don't think it will be a problem under Howe, in the long term. But I would be surprised if any start the next game. I'm just saying that with Bruce's 2 days a week training there was never an opportunity to make up the lost time.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Cheers @HaydnNUFC

Got that commentator from the early noughties was bloody horrific wasn't he. :lol:

Can't get over the amount of space folk gave to Shelvey and Gayle when we were in the Championship. Begging to concede to us. 

Aye, Roger Tames? Think all of his commentary on season reviews were recorded well after the fact but still, utterly terrible. :lol:

That Brentford game in the Championship, even though we conceded, was one of the most comfortable home wins I can remember. So easy. Brentford at the time managed by a certain Dean Smith.

17 hours ago, STM said:

Richie has earned the right to be a key voice. 

Based on what exactly? :lol: Have I missed something key here besides a few clips of him smiling during Howe's first training session? 

12 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, Roger Tames? Think all of his commentary on season reviews were recorded well after the fact but still, utterly terrible. :lol:

That Brentford game in the Championship, even though we conceded, was one of the most comfortable home wins I can remember. So easy. Brentford at the time managed by a certain Dean Smith.

Noooo! Not Thames! He's a legend. I'm on about that weird bloke who's on the comms during that Brentford League Cup clip. Definitely responsible for diluting some great moments with shite commentary. :lol:Robert's two thunderbastards against Spurs springing to mind.

The more I hear about Howe, the more excited I get, the more I feel that we are going to be let down big time. But in checking their results - they are on a 4 premiership game losing streak - which means they probably are lacking confidence.

Then in typing this, it makes me feel like it going to be a first win for us. So I'm going with 3-1, after going 1 down soon into the game.

But what will be will be.

Damn, it's along time til next Saturday afternoon - roughly - 

8 Days, 22 hours, 45 odd minutes.

That's 214 hours or 12888 minutes, or 773,233 seconds - at the time of typing.

It will be interesting to see which players have impressed with a clean slate, also it's a good thing just now for Howe, but the amount of players we have on international duty is a joke considering we are an established Premier league club.

19 minutes ago, Ben said:

It will be interesting to see which players have impressed with a clean slate, also it's a good thing just now for Howe, but the amount of players we have on international duty is a joke considering we are an established Premier league club.

I wish right now we had none mate , we really can’t afford injuries over these next few games.