Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 20/11/21 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

So many expecting us to win, me included. Nervous as feck already. 1-0 to us early on with us being all over them for the first 20 minutes. In the 22nd they get a shitty VAR penalty awarded and us a man sent off. Good day, as you were!

Surprised reading the replies, a few thinking Eddie will wave a magic wand, seems a tad naive. These players are the most responsible for what happens out there, I think Eddie will have a style of play, a change in formation possibly, different approach, stadium/fans onside. The thing for me that's been the key missing ingredient, is their fitness. Years of piss poor facilities, poor training, days off, if they are fit enough and disciplined enough they can do this, but Brentford will be no push overs, they play good attacking football themselves.  Eddie has a shit ton of work to do with our group, I think its going to take a while, I'm not judging him even if its a total masterclass and we thump Brentford, because I totally think these players need to really push themselves, it's the last chance for some of them, because with the funds we know we have, many of them will never get this chance again.

The players do need to take some responsibility of course but the fact that they have been part of Ashley and therefore Bruce’s version of NUFC has made them as shite as they are. No coaching, no proper training, no plan, no care….

I don’t expect us to come out and look a completely different side, but I think there’ll be some fight and I think there will be some signs of life. It could be enough to get us a win. 

Looking forward to this. Just bought a “posh” seat for £58, thought fvck it when I saw there were tickets available. Not been for 2.5yrs. 

Should be a good atmosphere but intrigued to see how we respond to the situation and adapt. Will take time to adjust though.

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

About 90 seats in Milburn have just popped up for this.

Yeah I got one top of the first tier of the Milburn between Leazes. Had already bought a ticket for Norwich match (east stand) but looked and saw tickets for this sat so thought why not. 

I was talking to my brother about bothering getting back into it and we both agreed that apathy has set in regardless of takeover, the whole thing is just fucked.

45 and 50 odd years of shite respectively (barring maybe 10 overall) and just when we are looking good we've lost interest.

Hope it comes back but I don't think it will.

FFS.[emoji38]

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was talking to my brother about bothering getting back into it and we both agreed that apathy has set in regardless of takeover, the whole thing is just fucked.

45 and 50 odd years of shite respectively (barring maybe 10 overall) and just when we are looking good we've lost interest.

Hope it comes back but I don't think it will.

FFS.[emoji38]

W-A-I-T, it will (sure Manorpark won’t mind me using it!) :lol: :indi:

I think we’ll win fairly comfortably, 2-0 or 3-1. Pundits and media saying the players are a disgrace and asking where that performance was under Bruce. They’ll be annoyingly saying Eddie’s not had time to embed new tactics yet so that’s still a Bruce system and should be credited as a Bruce result. Me to be so angry I throw my tv through my lounge window

3 well needed points though 

4 more days, can't wait. :D 

Hopefully Howe will have worked on counter attacking from deep, these like to put all players aside from the keeper in the opposition's half for set pieces, mainly corners, for risk/reward. Need to be capitalising on the risk for them.

Definitely looking forward to it though part of that is the fear of losing on such an occasion as can often happen.

Would put my money on a 1-1 draw with an improved performance if I was into that sort of thing. Just feel a sting in the tail again, unless that was out the system with Spurs, about which I'd like the take my chances after an early goal.

Fkn come on.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Given that Almiron will likely be on the bench I think we'll line up something like this:

Wilson

ASM

Fraser                                        Ritchie

Willock Hayden

Lewis Fernandes Lascelles Manquillo

Dubs

Get at them with intent. Hopefully 2 up on the 60-70 minute mark then bring on Shelvey and Almiron to add counter attacking options. Probably swapping Fraser and Ritchie, but depends on fitness levels.

Looking at an odds checker, it's looking that things are slightly in Brentford's favour at present - 

Newcastle                    Draw                Brentford

33/20 1.65                12/5  2.40            7/4    1.75

13/8    1.63               47/20 2.35           17/10  1.70

8/5      1.60               23/10 2.30           13/8    1.63

But this is only an indication of where the money is being placed - still going to be a home win - COME ON !!!!

10 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Looking at an odds checker, it's looking that things are slightly in Brentford's favour at present - 

Newcastle                    Draw                Brentford

33/20 1.65                12/5  2.40            7/4    1.75

13/8    1.63               47/20 2.35           17/10  1.70

8/5      1.60               23/10 2.30           13/8    1.63

But this is only an indication of where the money is being placed - still going to be a home win - COME ON !!!!

On Smarkets (Exchange) nufc are slight favourites