Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 20/11/21 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, xLiaaamx said:

Orange bibs from that session would suggest Anderson is starting which just isn't going to happen. 

Anderson played well against Arsenal, good touch, movement and close control.

with lack of similar options in midfield right now it wouldn’t be that surprising if Howe tries him

I´d like to think that Howe has watched videos of Clark and knows he´s a liability (giving pens away, getting turned all the time) and changes him. Even though Lascelles can´t trap/pass a ball quicker than a Turtle he will probably be in there just for his commitment and size.

I imagine he will go with something like:

-----------------------Dubs----------------------

Manquillo-----Lascelles------Fede-------Ritchie

Fraser-------Hayden-----Shelvey----ASM

----------------willock--------------

-------------------Wilson---------------

I have put shelvey in there instead of Longstaff just cause he is "capable" of passing the ball better, if his attitude has also changed he might be good for 60 mins....

Fender tonight and the revolution getting into full swing in front of a capacity St Jame’s on Saturday.

Fuck your Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool’s, this city is buzzing again and will be the only place to be in next few years.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Fender tonight and the revolution getting into full swing in front of a capacity St Jame’s on Saturday.

Fuck your Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool’s, this city is buzzing again and will be the only place to be in next few years.

E X A C T L Y !!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently the "bibs" photos are pictures of the winning side in that particular training session. Eddie keeps a full season log of who wins and loses and gets his analysts to work out which players are most regularly winning.

He also puts the photo of the winning sides up in the dressing room to create a winning mentality. [emoji38]

The bibs are no indication of a starting line up, they’ll swap them around depending on what they are training on.

For example, if you’re trying to drill the defence and midfield, you’ll pick your best attackers to go up against them etc..

Also wouldn’t be surprised to see someone promoted from the reserves, if they fit a system he wants to play better than the established first teamers, he’ll pick them.

Be surprised if Shelvey gets a look in, he’ll be blowing out his arse after 5 minutes with a high press game.

The same lack of guidance and direction applies to most of our players, but we've only seen ASM centrally with few instructions and no-one to lay it off to. He was also playing #9 or false #9, not #10. He may be capable of much more. That said, he is not a pressing #10, so that would be an attacking lineup.

3 hours ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Think ASM would be better suited wide left personally, out on the flank where he can't be crowded out & he can really run at people. I'd have Willock in number 10.

But then again I'm not a football manager so who gives a shit what I think.

If ASM is being crowded out in the centre it creates space on the wings. He mentioned his awareness of this in his recent interview, so It will be interesting to see what happens with a couple of players exploiting that space.