Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 20/11/21 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Eeeeeeeeeee, I'm right proper excited for tomorrow's match, way more than I have been for years!

Aye me too!! Honestly can’t remember the last time I was this excited for a match! Convinced we will win this :dance:

Just watched the entire 28 minutes of his press conference on me lunch, some team news bits:

• Almiron only one not back yet, due back today (Friday).
  • Spoke very highly of Ritchie, Fraser, and Wilson, Ritchie in particular called "inspiring".
  • Only Dummett injured.
  • Dubravka still not 100%, despite playing for Slovakia during the week.
  • The other internationals have only had two or three days of training, so he doesn't want to make "too many changes" to the XI. Says there'll be a balance between players who've trained the whole time and those who haven't, basically said 7 who have trained fully and 4 who haven't just isn't going to happen (which points to one or two at most, for me).
  • Speaks very highly of Shelvey without being directly asked about him, which does point to him as being a key player moving forward (no issues with that, personally).
  • Asked specifically about Joelinton rather than mentioning him unprompted and says he will play a big part due to his technique/size, but needs to find his best position.

After all that, here's what I think we'll see:

Darlow

Manquillo Lascelles Schar Ritchie

Murphy Hayden Shelvey Fraser

Saint-Maximin

Wilson

SUBS: Dubravka, Krafth, Fernandez, Lewis, Longstaff, Willock, Almiron, Joelinton, Gayle.

Biggest question marks for me are over Schar, Murphy, and Hayden's inclusions. Impossible to call between them and Fernandez/Clark, Joelinton/Lewis (ASM moving back wide/Ritchie moving to RM), and Willock.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Anywhere in North Shields play the match on a dodgy stream?

Asking for a friend 👀

Priory always used to be a shout in Tynemouth, just along the road if North Shields bears no fruit.

Didn’t sound certain he’d play Dubs , Shelvey is in and Frazer could be .

ASM is the interesting one for me , nothing asked of him in press conference and I’m curiously wondering if he will start? Surely he must.

Just touched down at @LFEE’s palace ahead of the match. Bringing my girlfriend who is from Canada and has never been to a live football match - convcined her to come as it would be a proper unique experience if the atmosphere lands right. I hope it does, certainly I think about town beforehand, Wor Flags display and immediately before kick off she won’t have seen anything like it. Given her a print out of blaydon races to learn.

Just now, Theregulars said:

Just touched down at @LFEE’s palace ahead of the match. Bringing my girlfriend who is from Canada and has never been to a live football match - convcined her to come as it would be a proper unique experience if the atmosphere lands right. I hope it does, certainly I think about town beforehand, Wor Flags display and immediately before kick off she won’t have seen anything like it. Given her a print out of blaydon races to learn.

Class, enjoy. 

17 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

An update on her thoughts on the atmosphere etc would be interesting!

enjoy

44 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Avoid his dungeon… but aye Paul is one classy MoFo, enjoy your time here you and your missus :love: